Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Loki said:

I have no idea what you were expecting from someone who's not wrestled a match in 16 years, but I just caught this and thought that this was a surprisingly good match - fast pace, no Goldbergian fuckups, and Lita looks like someone who could have another decent run.

I've seen worse women's matches on Dynamite this year, put it that way.

The spots were all over the place. Like when Becky sat up in position waiting for Lita to put on her sleeper. The whole point of training and planning your match is to not make it look planned so yeah, she’s been away for a while, but to me there were lots of blown spots and bits where they forgot the next move.

And yeah, there have been worse matches on Dynamite. But not between 2 of the biggest names in WWE history. Becky as the face of the division should be leading the way. This match wasn’t that. Awful ending as well.

@jazzygeofferzthey looked great in NXT as well. The Viking Experience was the beginning of the end.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The whole point of training and planning your match is to not make it look planned 

that's a criticism you could aim at most pro wrestling these days, wrestlers have forgot that you're supposed to hide the fact that you are cooperating. 

5 hours ago, NC Loco said:

I saw that if he had beaten Goldberg it’d mean he’d defeated all previous Universal champions during this reign.

Sorry to be “that guy” who nitpicks, but that statement isn’t accurate. Reigns didn’t beat Rollins during this run, Seth won the match via DQ. In fact, Reigns has never defeated Rollins in a one on one match. According to Rollins at least.

Edit - Pretty sure there’s been a few average Raw matches between them where Reigns probably won.

Edited by neil is brill

1 hour ago, neil is brill said:

Sorry to be “that guy” who nitpicks, but that statement isn’t accurate. Reigns didn’t beat Rollins during this run, Seth won the match via DQ. In fact, Reigns has never defeated Rollins in a one on one match. According to Rollins at least.

Edit - Pretty sure there’s been a few average Raw matches between them where Reigns probably won.

No worries mate. I’m not saying it’s true at all (as I mentioned I’ve only caught the Rumble and Elimination Chamber this year), it’s just that I’d seen it reported in a few headlines - quick Google and this is one such report: https://www.thesportster.com/roman-reigns-potential-feat-goldberg-elimination-chamber/. But actually reading it, it does point out what you said, so I’ve no idea why they reported it if he hasn’t beat Rollins but retained by getting DQed. As you mentioned, it’s not true and makes their story pointless!

6 hours ago, NC Loco said:

No worries mate. I’m not saying it’s true at all (as I mentioned I’ve only caught the Rumble and Elimination Chamber this year), it’s just that I’d seen it reported in a few headlines - quick Google and this is one such report: https://www.thesportster.com/roman-reigns-potential-feat-goldberg-elimination-chamber/. But actually reading it, it does point out what you said, so I’ve no idea why they reported it if he hasn’t beat Rollins but retained by getting DQed. As you mentioned, it’s not true and makes their story pointless!

Turns out my fact was a load of tosh anyway. To be fair, I was using Seth Rollins promo package at the Royal Rumble as my source, he claimed Reigns has never defeated him one on one, but according to cagematch.net they’ve had a fair amount of matches over the years on Raw and SD. Reigns winning most of them via DQ but also has a couple of pinfall wins over Seth. Which makes the “never been beaten” storyline even worse. I’ve not been a weekly viewer for some time now, dipping my toes back in for Mania season.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

“Legends will rise once again.”

They’re going to use that fucking Godsmack song again arn’t they.

I was just thinking “Christ, that’s late this year”, completely forgetting that we’ve already had one Saudi show this year

Edited by WyattSheepMask