Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

The Moss bump is horrible, proper Sabu efforts. Apparently Lesnar nearly killer Austin Theory as well but can't find the clip of it to see if it is as bad as described.

Absolutely ludicrous bump. No need.

I've never been a fan of that "reverse Alabama Slam" of Drew's. Hope this might be the last we see of it.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Statto said:

Absolutely ludicrous bump. No need.

I've never been a fan of that "reverse Alabama Slam" of Drew's. Hope this might be the last we see of it.

Thanks for posting the Lesnar clip. It's still a horrible bump but one of the write ups made it sound as though Theory had taken the F5 as you would in the ring so it's a relief he took some of it through his legs and lower back. And the fact I've just typed "legs & lower back" shows how bad it was if that's a better option.

No idea why they try these bumps, especially when the matches mean next to nothing.

Lesnar racks up another title win...maybe beat Flair's record.

14 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Thanks for posting the Lesnar clip. It's still a horrible bump but one of the write ups made it sound as though Theory had taken the F5 as you would in the ring so it's a relief he took some of it through his legs and lower back. And the fact I've just typed "legs & lower back" shows how bad it was if that's a better option.

No idea why they try these bumps, especially when the matches mean next to nothing.

Lesnar racks up another title win...maybe beat Flair's record.

He's still got a way to go, tonight's win was his 10th world title win (7th WWE title), 7 of which have happened in the last 10 years (4 WWE, 3 Universal) and is 5th on the list of most WWE title wins behind Cena (13), Orton (10), Triple H (9) and The Rock (8)

• Paid Members

Just watched the main event. Couldn't work out if Lashley was legit injured or not. Regardless, Austin being thrown through the chamber wall with Seth's shitty powerbomb looked awful. The F5 not only looked shit, but also probably didn't do Austin's legs any good. Basically, the spot was dumb and a waste of everyones time.

Interesting they switched from 5-minute intervals to 3.

They did that at SummerSlam 2003. Could have happened in a couple of others, (IC, tag?) although not too many.

These were the two shortest Elimination Chamber matches in history at 15:52 (women) and 15:10 (men). The next shortest was SummerSlam 2003 at 19:12.

Edited by Version1.0
More info

Apparently, Lashley blew his shoulder out at the Rumble and this was their way of writing him out.

Presumably he blew his shoulder out after pissing Lesnar off with a rough suplex, resulting in him eating 20 horrible suplexes of his own. If anyone remembers, he was clearly uncomfortable taking them on his neck after a while and kept trying to twist to his front, leading to him landing on his arm.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Interesting they switched from 5-minute intervals to 3.

They did that at SummerSlam 2003. Could have happened in a couple of others, (IC, tag?) although not too many.

These were the two shortest Elimination Chamber matches in history at 15:52 (women) and 15:10 (men). The next shortest was SummerSlam 2003 at 19:12.

Not sure why, but they had a strict 3 hours for the event itself.

Due to the 5pm start I was able to watch this live with my nearly 5 year old son and its amazing to get to see his perspective through the eyes of a child in comparison to my near constant pessimism.

His favourites...Brock Lesnar, Austin Theory, AJ Styles...then Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss. 😄

I thought Lita looked brilliant in her match would love it if she had a few more occasional matches.

Drew McIntyre is absolute dog shit and how anyone thinks otherwise is beyond me.

Austin Theory sells like the animation of a 2008 WWE video game. 

The Viking Raiders walking to the ring beating their chest shouting "RAID" repeatedly was cringeworthy to watch.

51 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The Viking Raiders walking to the ring beating their chest shouting "RAID" repeatedly was cringeworthy to watch.

The fact that Riddick Moss can continue his match after landing on his head and the Viking Raiders (fearless warriors!) can not continue after a suplex on the floor, makes them look like total jobbers.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

can not continue after a suplex on the floor, makes them look like total jobbers.

I mean, at this point they largely are total jobbers aren't they? With a cringey gimmick that seems hokey as fuck. Despite their tremendous in-ring abilities, if they're not dancing in the ring on TV by the end of the year I'd be shocked. 

14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Lita vs Becky is one of the worst wrestling matches they have put on in years.

I have no idea what you were expecting from someone who's not wrestled a match in 16 years, but I just caught this and thought that this was a surprisingly good match - fast pace, no Goldbergian fuckups, and Lita looks like someone who could have another decent run.

I've seen worse women's matches on Dynamite this year, put it that way.

Edited by Loki

This is the first WWE show I’ve watched since flicking through last month’s Royal Rumble the morning after. The main reason I watched Elimination Chamber all the way through (or at least had it on, as I was getting on with some jobs around the house) was due to the start time.

I must admit that I was also intrigued to see Goldberg facing Reigns, Lita facing Becky and obviously the chamber matches.

Right from the get-go, I was surprised to see Goldberg vs Reigns as the opener, as that was the match I was most excited to see (my personal preference, as I think some fans weren’t too thrilled about it, or the prospect of Goldberg winning). Nothing really wrong with the match itself but personally I would have liked to have seen a shock of Goldberg winning but I guess Reigns winning did make more sense, as I saw that if he had beaten Goldberg it’d mean he’d defeated all previous Universal champions during this reign.

From there, not much else stood out to me, although I wasn’t giving it my full attention. It seems a shame that Lashley is genuinely injured as I have seen he may be out for 4 months due to a shoulder injury which he needs surgery on and this concussion story was a way to write him out. Lesnar’s F5 on Theory from the chamber was crazy and, like the Rumble, the outcome of the match seemed very predictable.

I would have much rather seen someone else win it, while not making Lesnar look weak (they could have had Reigns cost him again in some way, perhaps have him and the Usos run-in and take him out as an eliminated opponent left, to build the hatred between the two even more) but it seems they’d rather have the champion vs champion story and have both Reigns and Lesnar look like absolute monsters going against each other, which strangely I don’t hate the idea of but my only concern is I feel they are making the rest of the roster look so weak compared to them and I feel that they are sacrificing young talent in order to make everything about these two.

I did enjoy Lita vs Becky but much like the Goldberg vs Reigns match, it seems Lita was brought in for the spectacle and the big match feel, which makes Becky look strong going into WrestleMania.

Everything else seemed fairly predictable or I wasn’t particularly bothered by it but that may be due to me not paying as much attention to WWE as I once did. 

Overall, the event kinda backed up my feeling that WWE feels a little predictable at best, or stale at worse. I feel a lot of time and effort is being given to build up already established stars in Reigns and Lesnar and while I will watch their showdown at WrestleMania, I just feel a little pessimistic in terms of how things will pan out as I feel they’ve done all they can with both now and I can’t see how anyone can beat them and I feel we’ll end up seeing another already established top guy going against whoever wins after WrestleMania. I do hope I am wrong though and they plan to build a new top star up. I do also feel (if it hasn’t already been announced) that the title match will be a winner-takes-all at WrestleMania, which again shows how predictable things feel - I thought this was how things would go even before the show started and Lesnar was announced for the chamber match.

I don’t really like the whole I’m a WWE guy or I’m an AEW guy, I think it’s good to have competition and I do enjoy watching a bit of both and if this was about 10-15 years ago and all I had to worry about was a bit of homework or uni work, I’m sure I’d be watching and taking it all in but now with a lot more grown-up responsibilities my spare time to watch wrestling is a lot more precious and I generally enjoy watching AEW each week as I like the character progression, the feel that stories progress and the fresh matches - it had originally been NXT but I felt I lost my love of that once its revamp came about and they lost some of my favourites, such as UE (coincidentally to AEW) and I had already began spending more time watching AEW due to Punk joining. I also felt that I couldn’t really get behind anyone in NXT, as it seems they either leave or get released or they get brought up to the main roster and at best get lost in the mix or at worse, get given a terrible gimmick that ruins their character.

That being said, when I do get a bit of spare time, I do plan on flicking through some NXT and seeing if I feel any different after doing so and I will watch WrestleMania and see how that goes, but I don’t feel particularly confident that either will change my feeling but I will go in with a very open mind.

Overall though, and to go back on topic, I feel Elimination Chamber wasn’t must-see and I would have been happy enough to flick through or just read about the results and catch clips of any major goings on (which there didn’t seem to be much of).