Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

20 minutes ago, Perry said:

I know we don't post during a live show,  and this isn't really a spoiler.

Just noticed people talking about it on twitter, but whose idea was it to put a couple of camels right next to loud pyro?  This company is full of arseholes

Someone clearly told Vince about AEW having Cody’s dog near one and he wanted to outdo them. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Having Zelina win the Queen's Crown in the country that bankrolled 9/11 is perhaps the most WWE thing ever. 

What does this even mean? Not being a dick but I've got no idea what you're going for here. What's the relation between any of those things?

Edited by LaGoosh

10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What does this even mean? Not being a dick but I've got no idea what you're going for here. What's the relation between any of those things?

Spoiler

Zelinas Father died in the 9/11 attacks, he was in the World Trade Centre.

I'm not really sure giving her the Queens crown in Saudi Arabia is too much of an issue personally though

Know it’s fairly soon after the show so no spoilers. First WWE I've seen since Summerslam after watching pretty much everything they put on from 91 to this years Mania, first impressions is that the presentation is so predictable especially the stale phrases used by the commentary team. With AEW theres an air of unpredictability and excitement even if its JR getting narky.
I bet those camels were overjoyed by the massive pyrotechnics.
Wheres them massive armchairs the VIPs used to sit in at this event? They'd be no good for me at this age I'd be asleep half an hour in. They mentioned Taker a lot which made me think he would be appearing.
Fair old bump from Rollins through the table. Good opener. 
When I heard the cat noise I thought wow a Sable comeback but then I thought no that's not happening in Saudi. Then I lost my stream so I still dont know who that person who came out after the Ali v Mansoor match was. Tag match was fun. 
Stream went down again for most of the no holds barred match. 
Good showing from Xavier and Finn I thought. 
Couldn't they have had a ref present the king and queen with their crowns rather than the DIY approach? Also those gowns are shit aren't they?
Big E and Drew worked hard in the WWE Title match. 
Sound and pictures divorced for the triple threat which meant I was watching Bianca dance to not her theme tune but Cole recounting last weeks Smackdown. Bianca is impressive. Thought this match was really good.
Brocks face was the colours of Alan Brazil, he needs to take up Yoga and have a minute.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

Know it’s fairly soon after the show so no spoilers.

If they’re dumb enough to come in this thread before they watch it, fuck em.

Cena wins, HHH wins, Taker wins.

First full WWE show I've watched live in years, since it looked like a decent card and was on at a reasonable hour for a married man with two young kids. 

I enjoyed it for the most part. The Cell was decent and suitably violent. Xavier got his moment, which was nice. Goldberg match was really fun smoke and mirrors stuff. The women's triple threat was canny. Brock looked the business and his match was better than the usual finisher spam. 

I still have issues with the modern WWE style of wrestling and presentation.

Most jarring thing for me was how many people felt the need to do a big dramatic talking moment during their matches. Rollins stopped to tell Edge 'this is where your fairytale ends!' and Goldberg did a couple of things about his son. It's not like proper trash talking and it's just weird. Seemed to happen every other match. 

Only minor disappointment was Big E/Drew which seemed to cram about 20 minutes of stuff into a 13-minute match but was good towards the end. 

Four hours though, fucking hell. Be a while before I bother with that again. 

• Paid Members

Did they still take that hour long break for prayers in the middle while the pundits had a natter and they did some promos in the back? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Rollins stopped to tell Edge 'this is where your fairytale ends!' and Goldberg did a couple of things about his son. It's not like proper trash talking and it's just weird. Seemed to happen every other match. 

They've been pretty big on this since that fucking awful "I'm sorry, I love you" moment. Textbook WWE storytelling - tell, don't show and tell with as little subtlety and as much melodrama as possible. This and finisher spamming main events is HBK's legacy on modern wrestling. I wish they had followed Bret's example instead.

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

They've been pretty big on this since that fucking awful "I'm sorry, I love you" moment. Textbook WWE storytelling - tell, don't show and tell with as little subtlety and as much melodrama as possible. This and finisher spamming main events is HBK's legacy on modern wrestling. I wish they had followed Bret's example instead.

It's so, so bad. Proper amateur theatre stuff. 

• Paid Members

I’m convinced the mandatory classes at the Performance Center are, “Shocked Face 101,” “Best Ways to Stare at Hands,” and, “Shout the Storyline.”

I’ve not seen the show but there’s a lovely clip on Xavier Woods’ Instagram of him getting genuinely choked up about winning King of the Ring. There’s a study to be made one day on how the New Day all broke through this system, truly connected with fans and all felt like real people. Have they ever even teased animosity or splitting up? It’s so weird. Like they exist in a completely different dimension to everyone else.

Edited by Supremo