Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Before Taker did his fireworks after the match, he was pacing around pissed off with his hands on his hips like he was on the motorway after his car broke down. Hilarious.

Both guys need protecting in 2019, so it was a guaranteed stinker doing anything complicated between them. The tombstone reversal was crazy to attempt even if Bill wasn't fucked up, it was amazing when Triple H did it at Mania a few years back, Bills an older guy, not known for his technical precision. I think Taker deserves more shit because he hasn't had a half decent match in 4/5 years. 

I never trained so I'm no expert but I think Taker was at most fault for the jackhammer fuck up. He didn't lift his legs high and half-arse posted off Goldberg's thigh. But with Goldberg being on/off with the company and Taker being an infallible WWE saint, poor Bill will totally be thrown under the bus for this, full blame heading his way.

Unless Riddle is penciled in to feud with Goldberg after this, he is a total moron for taking the piss. Especially when it looks like Goldberg was legit injured from the ring post collision. Poor form.

#TeamGoldberg

• Paid Members

Goldbergs tweeted out that he knocked himself out and thought he could finish the match and that he let people down. Also took a thinly veiled shot at Riddle. 

Glad he seems to be alright though if he's managed to tweet out from his account. 

I liked the main event until they started trying to pick each other up. By rights, that match should be the wake-up call for Undertaker to call it a day. I don't expect him to, though, because the money is brilliant for these events and they'll keep asking him. The Saudi shows can't be headlined by Reigns vs McIntyre or Rollins vs Bryan or any other match you can see on the card at any Backlash or Raw. Who are the big names they've got now who can main event these shows and still perform to a competent level?

Cena - but he won't go there

Lesnar

Triple H

Batista - he's retired on his own terms and he's a mega-rich movie star, but he still might be tempted if the offer's big enough

The Rock?

Who else is there? What have they got for the show later in the year?

I really enjoyed what I saw of Strowman vs Lashley on this one. Nothing else has stuck with me.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Who are the big names they've got now who can main event these shows and still perform to a competent level?

Sting was asked at Starrcast about it, and he said he'd do it. Foley's begging to come back. Shawn Michaels came back, so you're playing with big money here. You can just about get anyone for the money they are offering. I wouldnt be surprised if Vince himself has another match, aged 70-odd. Because he's Vince and he's mental. I've seen into the eyes of the devil tonight. Iron Sheik vs Luke Bushwhacker might be on the cards if that's the standard.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I was shocked by how fat Heyman has become.

He needs to lose some timber or face health issues in the near future.

He did coke every half hour for about 8 years straight in the 90s. I'd say he's got it coming whether he loses weight or not.

• Paid Members

While we all probably thought it was going to be a bit of a stinker, Goldberg knocked himself silly. Taker should have called an audible. Instead he dragged him through their worst matches ever, and is lucky if he didn’t cause him more trouble after that botched tombstone. Goldberg’s Brainbustaaaaaaa was takers fault as well

I’m not even sure what they were thinking. Even before Goldberg brained himself, there was that terrible rolling legbar spot.

Knowing neither one of these blokes are part of any long term plans, and knowing Taker was going over, after those first 2 spears and The Undertaker sit-up it should have been ‘punch-no reaction-punch—no reaction- bounce back against the ropes for a running strike that’s countered with a HUGE CHOKESLAM- Goldberg stumbles up- tombstone- KICKOUT- Goldberg crawls up a shocked Undertaker- Undertaker does throat slit gesture- second tombstone- go home boys, we’re done here.’

An awful main event that cements my opinion on the undertaker being the most overrated wrestler of the last 20 years. Bar a few wrestlemania matches, I can't recall a decent match against anyone who didn't protect him. Should have retired against Reigns because everything since has been a shower of shit and he can walk about acting pissed but he's more than half responsible for that match.

The botched tombstone was painful to watch and the brainhammer ™ was awful. They should both pack it in now as they're lucky to be standing, no exaggeration.

That said, would I sell my soul and risk my neck (literally) for some Saudi dollar? Yes. Fair play for even agreeing to that shite; how much is somebody's integrity worth?

• Paid Members

Taker's face is one of the all-time great stills. I wonder how many thoughts went through his head in that few seconds.

I thought until Taker sat up, it was great. Should have been done about a minute later. 

Sorry for two old legends that it fell apart but it's what the shows deserve. Haven't seen the tag from the last show but bringing back former stars to rake in oil money is a shithouse business model. They can do what they like but it's not a shame when it falls apart.

Screenshot_20190608-071134_Chrome.jpg

Edited by tiger_rick

Respect for the careers of both, but I feel there is to much heat for Goldberg.

I would say Taker was to blame for atleast 60%:

Taker did an elevated tombstone to protect his knees and almost broke Goldbergs neck. This was the start of the match. Spiked him on his skull. It was up to Goldberg to toughen it out from here on out.

Taker couldn't straighten his core/legs and was deadweight for the Jackhammer. Announcers fucked up also, they should have just marked like Goldberg did a brainbuster instead of selling the jackhammer.

Taker didn't have the strength to muscle Goldberg for the Tombstone reversal spot. Dropped on his ass like Scott Steiner. 

I would only solely blame Goldberg for those shit Chokeslam jumps. His part would have been fine if the Jackhammer looked good. Overall, I feel taker is the one who showed his limitations in all aspects. He should be mainly pissed at himself. 

Riddle is just childlish and unprofessional.

Edited by LWOLeN

Let's be honest Goldberg was sparked out through his own clumsiness - attributing the majority blame to either party is being disingenuous, both of them misfired on all their big spots, and the end stretch completely capitulated. Taker should know his limits, but he was working with a 300 pound sandbag on artificial limbs, it's a miracle it wasn't worse. That being said I enjoyed it for the car crash it was. 

They could easily re-do Brock/Goldberg at the next show, or Goldberg/HHH, I doubt Goldberg and Taker will want that match being the lasting memory of them both.