All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

2 hours ago, Yakashi said:

They dont want to do draws. Wins and losses matter. They're trying to do a lot of stuff people complain about regarding wwe. They'd rather pull the match than do a non clean win and loss finish. 

Yeah, I'm sick of all the time limit draws the WWE do. 

• Paid Members

Jim Ross' voice-over on this video sounds like early PS2 WWE games, where single sentences sound awkwardly cobbled together from different soundbites.

"Does it get any bigger than..KENNY OMEGA VS. CHRIS JERICHO.. at Double or Nothing!"

3 hours ago, Yakashi said:

They dont want to do draws. Wins and losses matter. They're trying to do a lot of stuff people complain about regarding wwe. They'd rather pull the match than do a non clean win and loss finish. 

Where have they said that? I've heard lots of 'wins and losses matter' but nothing about 'no draws or dq finishes'. Jim Ross has loudly crowed about them having time limits as part of the 'sports led' feel of the show. Enforced time limits certainly go hand in hand with draws.

• Moderators

Sports led. What a bunch of shite. Mid South used as many screwy finishes as anyone else. Even  the most whitebread pure wrestling its a sport of them all, the AWA used to Dusty Finish and screw like fuck. I think its pretty much only St Louis which wasn't full of gaga and I'd not be surprised if I'm wrong about that. 

I honestly dont know where this received knowledge came from that Mid South was PURE SPORTS BUILD when actually watching the fucking thing would show it as the strongly angle led promotion it was. Fucking hell, Jim Ross fucking WORKED THERE and he's peddling that shite. From Hayes blinding JYD with Immac, through the Russians putting a Soviet flag over a prone Watts, to Hot Stuff International - it was 'rasslin as fuck. I love Mid South but its become a lazy untrue stereotype of a booking style.  Duggan vs Dibiase in the tuxedo match had about another 90 stips tied onto it for fucks sake and thats often talked of as a high point of the promotion. Bill Dundee was booking during their arguable prime running Memphis angles for a new audience. 

Its as if Tony Khan read Scott Keith reviews and uses at as a world view. "Pure sports like Mid South" . The promotion that protected in booking a cannibal from Uganda. 

Serious yes (although faces would still end up in birthday cakes). Sports no. 

Edited by PowerButchi

I’m sure at some point they will use screwy finishes to further certain stories along, nothing wrong with not wanting to do it on the first show which is going to set the tone. 

When it does happen it’ll mean a lot more than if they use it on a midcard match on the first show. 

• Paid Members

I genuinely prefer that annoying shill fella over the constant crying over a product that, as people keep falling over themselves to tell us, doesn't exist yet. Never understand the desperation to play everything down so you can say "I was right" if it fails. It's up there with the constant wishing death on TNA. As if TNA needed it, they were trying harder than anyone to kill themselves.

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Not forgetting DQs and count outs are great for giving a heel heat too. 

I used to be furious at Money Inc abusing the 'titles don't change hands on a count out' rule. Really built to the eventual LOD win. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I used to be furious at Money Inc abusing the 'titles don't change hands on a count out' rule. Really built to the eventual LOD win. 

LOD never won the belts back from Money Inc. Money Inc only lost the belts to the Natural Disasters then to the Steiners (twice).

• Paid Members

If a time limit is used properly it can really add drama to a match. There's nothing wrong with a time limit draw now and again. 

• Paid Members
Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

If a time limit is used properly it can really add drama to a match. There's nothing wrong with a time limit draw now and again. 

I actually really enjoyed the Ospreay/PAC time limit draw finish in RevPro, out of context. I think the reason the live crowd largely rejected it is because RevPro hasn't built up enough goodwill with the audience for their fanbase to trust that they know what they're doing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Early HBK also used that to good effect.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

The trick is trying to make it look like you're not heading for a draw. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I genuinely prefer that annoying shill fella over the constant crying over a product that, as people keep falling over themselves to tell us, doesn't exist yet. Never understand the desperation to play everything down so you can say "I was right" if it fails. It's up there with the constant wishing death on TNA. As if TNA needed it, they were trying harder than anyone to kill themselves.

I genuinely prefer the annoying shill fella over everyone screaming about how we 'finally have an alternative to WWE' whilst there have been alternatives to WWE since the beginning of fucking time.

Edited by Accident Prone
Spelling.

5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Never understand the desperation to play everything down so you can say "I was right" if it fails

It's the same mentality of not being "Worked", call everything a work because you're too smart to fall for a fake storyline.