All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

It's a bit of a dick move that neither the graphic nor the Tweet - from ITV or from AEW - acknowledge the name of the promotion the match actually took place in.

It was Wrestle Gate Pro, incidentally.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's a bit of a dick move that neither the graphic nor the Tweet - from ITV or from AEW - acknowledge the name of the promotion the match actually took place in.

It was Wrestle Gate Pro, incidentally.

Its in the title of the Youtube stream

• Paid Members

I know I'm a snob (or knob) but I fucking hate how this looks. Not criticising the set up or lighting and the picture quality is great but the hard cam angle is awful and the camera work on the floor is dizzying. I'm not overly enamoured with WWE production since the shaky cam came in but it's a billion times better than this. Such a shame. It's one of the major reasons i struggle with indy stuff.

• Paid Members

In an interesting bit of detail, people who had tickets booked for PAC's signing at Starracst have had their tickets automatically refunded. If PAC's withdrawal from D.O.N is purely a creative difference then surely he would have no issues with an out-of-character signing?

So either it's a creative issue that AEW and/or PAC have decided to take to the next level by cancelling PAC's convention appearance (with both parties losing money on that front) or it's something more, like a visa issue. 

If it's a visa issue, then it shines a bit more light on Fenix no-showing an indie booking this past weekend in Ohio with no explanation. So apart from Fenix and PAC, there's Pentagon, CIMA, the OWE lads and the women in the Joshi showcase tag who probably need visas to work this show.

I hope AEW have their shit together and this is just first-event jitters mixed with coincidental information. There's a hell of a lot of pressure to pull this off, and most promoters don't have this many eyes on their non-existent product before the bell has even rang on their debut event, but I don't imagine the fan base will be so forgiving after D.O.N.

Edited by Accident Prone

Cody dropped a hint on this weeks BTE q&a that their tv show will be on ITV over here, and the blurb for Jerichos podcast today just says straight it’ll be on ITV. Despite all the sub 10k ratings the uk companies who have went on tv have done, impact always done well over here when on a decent channel, so being on itv and itv on demand should be a cracking way to catch it each week.