All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Meltzer has claimed that it's because they don't want screwy finishes on their PPVs, so that's something to look out for on the night...

Plans changeâ„¢

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'd laugh so hard if the main event ends on a screwy finish.

Meltzer has completely flushed his credibility.

He doesn’t have any journalistic credibility anyway, he’s a sports writer and a historian who Tildes so something at least would be right. 

Whilst I want this to take off and work I am a little concerned at the Battle Royal for the World Title Match...

Sonny Kiss vs. Brandon Cutler vs. Ace Romero vs. Glacier vs. Brian Pillman Jr. vs. Sunny Daze vs. MJF vs. Joey Janela vs. Dustin Thomas vs. Billy Gunn vs. Jimmy Havoc vs. Michael Nakazawa vs. Jungle Boy vs. TBA.

If they want to make a splash and have credibility with casuals they will need to do a bit more than that line up. Glacier and Billy Gunn? I kinda get it just to fill it out but I know NONE of the guys in that match and this is supposed to be for a title opportunity? They sure better deliver otherwise we may be set to see Omega [assuming] vs Brandon Cutler for the WORLD title. Sounds a little iffy. Hope I am my cynical self as per usual but that doesn't sound like sell out standard fare. Weird how they would put these guys into a battle royal when they have other bigger names that could fill it. Unless its a MITB style cash in whenever the person likes.

• Paid Members

Is there any indication when the person gets a title shot? 

They don't have a World Title yet, for a start. Assuming either Cody or Kenny is going to be the inaugural champion, they're both already booked in matches for the following show, and Kenny for the show after that.

Hopefully they use it as a launching pad for someone to step up to that level, though. Jungle Boy or Pillman Jr would be my choice, unless they go with what I expected from Joey Janela's clusterfuck and have Dustin Thomas win it on the grounds that "both feet have to touch floor" meaning that he can't be eliminated.

• Paid Members

This might be one more for the questions thread but I'm just intrigued really - does Billy Gunn own the rights to the Billy Gunn name now?

Obviously he had to use other names in TNA. Given he's mates with Hunter I can see a blind eye being turned to him using that name on indy shows, but I can't see them wanting him using it in AEW if they could put a stop to it.

Edited by Statto
Typo.

• Paid Members

Anyone suggesting it's Pac refusing to do a job - it's not. Nobody that wants bookings outside their chief employer actually does that after they've taken a booking and risk their reputation becoming non-existent. If the match is off because he's supposed to lose, it will be Dragon Gate making the call, not him. 90% of pro wrestling operates under the principle that the wrestlers do what they're told by the booker/promoter. If their main employer wants to pull them because they disagree with what a third party wants to book them to do - again, the wrestler does what they're told.

Zero issues with Dragon Gate pulling rank. If my champion was booked to lose to Adam Page I'd tell the other fed to fuck off as well.

3 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Whilst I want this to take off and work I am a little concerned at the Battle Royal for the World Title Match...

Sonny Kiss vs. Brandon Cutler vs. Ace Romero vs. Glacier vs. Brian Pillman Jr. vs. Sunny Daze vs. MJF vs. Joey Janela vs. Dustin Thomas vs. Billy Gunn vs. Jimmy Havoc vs. Michael Nakazawa vs. Jungle Boy vs. TBA.

If they want to make a splash and have credibility with casuals they will need to do a bit more than that line up. Glacier and Billy Gunn? I kinda get it just to fill it out but I know NONE of the guys in that match and this is supposed to be for a title opportunity? They sure better deliver otherwise we may be set to see Omega [assuming] vs Brandon Cutler for the WORLD title. Sounds a little iffy. Hope I am my cynical self as per usual but that doesn't sound like sell out standard fare. Weird how they would put these guys into a battle royal when they have other bigger names that could fill it. Unless its a MITB style cash in whenever the person likes.

Why would you need to be familiar with any of the superstars taking part in the battle royal?  This is a startup promotion trying to present something fresh, the roster should also be presented as fresh and exciting.  Surely this is the whole point?

And as for the names you've mentioned, guys like Janela, MJF and Pillman are already already in some way over with those aware of AEW and The Elite.  This is a great platform to introduce these guys to a larger audience and also be a potential star maker.

Edited by Bohan

3 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

TBA will win this for sure, possibly a big surprise name to win on the pre show to get people to buy the PPV for a world title match on the show against Hangman Page (I remember reading somewhere he was confirmed for a world title match)

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I really like Hangman Page. He could be their Magnum TA if they dont go all comedy bullshit with him, and just have him being proper babyface, who wins his matches and the feuds get all heated. He's a good looking guy, but not so much you think he went through college on a swimming scolarship. Long term, he should be the guy they push.

Becoming the number one contender of a belt that hasn't had it's first champion yet seems incredibly insulting. That just seems to mark everybody down. If the battle royal isn't good enough to decide a champion then what is the number one contender even winning? You'rethe best of this bunch but you're not good enough to be crowned champion? 

Personally I'd rather a trophy or a cash prize. At least they exist. 

Also do Omega, Jericho, Cody, etc not want a shot at the belt? 

• Paid Members

I hope they do a number one contendership 21 man Battle Royal at each of their first 21 shows, then have all 21 winners enter a 21 man Battle Royal for the championship.