All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

What's the point of making stuff up? Does it make you feel better about yourself? I was out having a few beers with Kevin Nash last night. We stopped for a pizza on the stagger home and had a bit of a scrap with a couple of lads trying to mug an old woman. Then I almost dropped the pizza dragging a young lad out of the way of a speeding car near our house. Anyway, Kev and I were saying "How much of what you read online is anywhere near true? And what do you get from lying about it?"

22 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Which type? The one who actually would stand up for a woman being mocked, or the ones who sarcastically tweet about it to mock those they deem to be "SJWs"?

The type who claims that the person he defended cried and 'thanked him for ending sexism'.
Yup - with that one single solitary act sexism is no more! Amazing!

Also, the type who felt it necessary to emphasise that it was a 'cis-gendered white male WWE fan' picking on a 'female AEW fan' as a means of trying to make a point.

Sad thing is, I genuinely have no idea if the person was being serious or taking the piss.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

I’d believe it, Rick, if you said you were staggering home because Kev couldn’t walk after blowing his quad. 

It's all true. Should have seen the lad after he hit the Snake eyes on a wheelie bin.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What's the point of making stuff up? Does it make you feel better about yourself? I was out having a few beers with Kevin Nash last night. We stopped for a pizza on the stagger home and had a bit of a scrap with a couple of lads trying to mug an old woman. Then I almost dropped the pizza dragging a young lad out of the way of a speeding car near our house. Anyway, Kev and I were saying "How much of what you read online is anywhere near true? And what do you get from lying about it?"

Needless to say, you had the last laugh.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

The type who claims that the person he defended cried and 'thanked him for ending sexism'.
Yup - with that one single solitary act sexism is no more! Amazing!

Also, the type who felt it necessary to emphasise that it was a 'cis-gendered white male WWE fan' picking on a 'female AEW fan' as a means of trying to make a point.

Sad thing is, I genuinely have no idea if the person was being serious or taking the piss.

That's my point, though. It reads like an MRA attempting to satirise "SJW beta-cuck cultural Marxist snowflakes" by making out that that's how they behave and talk.

• Paid Members

Meltzer was discussing the possibility of the first AEW TV show opening with Brian Pillman Jnr  vs. Jushin Liger, as a call back to the first Nitro. It’s a cute idea but I’d much rather they opened with those OWE guys having a mental flip-fest. Those guys look like brilliant fun.

Just now, Carbomb said:

That's my point, though. It reads like an MRA attempting to satirise "SJW beta-cuck cultural Marxist snowflakes" by making out that that's how they behave and talk.

You are more than likely correct but the sad thing is that these are the type of posts that are made in all seriousness and without a hint of irony by so many that it is often difficult to tell.

Just now, Carbomb said:

I didn't know Pillman Jr was wrestling. Is he any good?

Depends who you ask. He's either the future of the industry or a shitehawk getting by on Daddy's name.

Personally I think he's decent. Fucking incredible mullet though!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

You are more than likely correct but the sad thing is that these are the type of posts that are made in all seriousness and without a hint of irony by so many that it is often difficult to tell.

It seems quite clear to me, but I can see why others might find the line blurred. We are most certainly living in the era of Poe's Law.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I’ve never seen Pillman Jnr wrestle but he looks to have the best hair in the business. He’s booked for the Battle Royale at Double or Nothing.

Edited by Supremo