All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

They should be called out on their sexism. Women can stand up for themselves now.

Being an ally and showing solidarity isn't sexist, or racist, or homophobic. And many inequalities continue to this day because very often specific individuals, rather than whole swathes of people, feel they are alone when they are under attack by groups, and no-one else speaks up.

I appreciate that you consider it patronising, because you feel "nobody asked for their help", but as a general political principle, help has been asked for on many occasions. It constitutes the basis of what an ally is ("They came for the Jews and I did not speak up..." and so on), and has historically been the mechanism via which most of the progress made in the equality movement has come about. Many feminist commentators make this point on a regular basis, as do civil rights and sexual rights commentators.

• Paid Members

Fite TV will be showing it in the UK. Same £14.99 as ITV Box Office, but includes unlimited/on demand replays until June 1st so may be a better option depending on your TV setup.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Fite TV will be showing it in the UK. Same £14.99 as ITV Box Office, but includes unlimited/on demand replays until June 1st so may be a better option depending on your TV setup.

And if you fancy watching the show for a fiver, use my referral code (k6qk6ym) to get $10 credit!

hustling make it rain GIF

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Being an ally and showing solidarity isn't sexist, or racist, or homophobic. 

It might not be racist or homophobic*, but if someone is only standing up specifically for women (as you specified in your post), then their motives are certainly questionable. Chivalry isn’t the ally it wants you to think it is. Especially if it’s an AEW fan.

*It might be racist or homophobic, though - that could explain why someone would stand up for women but not men of colour or men of bottom.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It might not be racist or homophobic*, but if someone is only standing up specifically for women (as you specified in your post), then their motives are certainly questionable. Chivalry isn’t the ally it wants you to think it is. Especially if it’s an AEW fan.

*It might be racist or homophobic, though - that could explain why someone would stand up for women but not men of colour or men of bottom.

Intersectionality is definitely important, but I didn't specify it, the situation was specified. I'd have said the exact same thing if it had been a situation involving any other kind of discrimination. One can only respond to the situation in front of them.

Given the precedent set by a lot of wrestling fans, I can see why you might think chivalry was the motivation, but no - you're right, chivalry is not an ally, as it's a construct and a mindset derived from a system that is designed to treat women as property. That's not my outlook - I'm trying to fight from a position of solidarity.

• Paid Members

Does the FITE app have any user limits? I'm going to buy the show I think, but my eldest lad wants to watch it too but will be at his mothers that night, and was wondering if we could both log in at the same time?

15 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So will there be replays on ITV Box Office or would I just be paying for the live show?

Repeats on sky are 12, 4 and 8 the following day. Can only record if previously purchased an itv box office event because you have to register your sky viewing card number for 1st purchase.