All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

David Bixenspan (so again take that for what you will) is suggesting he believes it might be a visa issue for PAC, hence the "quitting" rumour and Page surprisingly turning up over here.

Not beyond the realm of possibility that they are using "creative differences" to stoke a future storyline for when PAC can actually get into the country I suppose. Although if they go all "shoot" on their storylines I'll not be watching for long.

At Heathrow, pumped for a week in Vegas. 

Seat in Club World to LA, changed by hotel to MGM Grand last minute (my 4th stay there), Starrcast schedule sorted - see you on the other side. Hopefully the plane doesn't get struck by FN' lightening! Which happened to me flying back from Houston on May 9th! That was pretty scary!

On the Pac / Hangman situation - yes it's disappointing. Regardless of whether its visa or PAC refusing the job, its bad news. If its the latter, I say cut him. If its the former, then the promotion should have sorted this MONTHS ago. And if it's the former, for PAC to be refused 2 US visa's on the trot, you have to wonder why?

Anyway, Cody, Matt, Nick - put Jimmy Havoc in the match against Adam Page!

Edited by MPDTT

Whichever side of the fence you sit on, losing your main event this close to the PPV (for reasons other than injury) is not the professional look they need to win hearts and minds.

• Paid Members

There must be more to this than, “the match is off because PAC’s upset he’s been asked to lose”. He can’t have signed with a company as a wrestler and now upset he has to do the job.

If Dragon Gate are sticking their oar in, then they need to reign it in. If they’re that protective of their championship then they should have signed PAC to an exclusive contract. If they’re not “big enough” to offer exclusive contracts, then they should stick to their lane and not expect to influence PAC’s booking elsewhere if he’s essentially freelancing for them.

I can imagine AEW facing these kind of problems going forward if they don't sign talent to exclusive deals.

Promotions getting involved [DG not wanting their champion to lose on a big, premier-event worldwide PPV to a non-DG seems a reasonable explanation] has always been an issue - look at WWE, they refuse to let their UK signed talent to lose to non-UK signed talent on live shows.

Exclusivity does promote a 'big-time' feel too in my opinion - 'the only place you can see so-and-so is right here in AEW'. 

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Look at WWE, they refuse to let their UK signed talent to lose to non-UK signed talent on live shows.

WWE won’t even allow their UK talent to wrestle talent that is signed or works for AEW/NJPW

Toni Storm was supposed to face Bea Priestley in Japan for Stardom last week but WWE made sure the match was cancelled as Bea is working a show for AEW in a few months time.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, MPDTT said:

At Heathrow, pumped for a week in Vegas. 

Seat in Club World to LA, changed by hotel to MGM Grand last minute (my 4th stay there), Starrcast schedule sorted - see you on the other side. Hopefully the plane doesn't get struck by FN' lightening! Which happened to me flying back from Houston on May 9th! That was pretty scary!

Post plane chat here FFS 

• Paid Members

It seems less likely to be a visa issue and more that Dragon Gate don't want PAC losing while he's doing the unbeatable champion role there, and fair play to them. That's very much in line with how he's been booked elsewhere - he did a screwy draw finish with Will Ospreay in RevPro.

What's astonishing to me is that this has only come up less than a week before the show, and the rhetorical backflips and contortions Meltzer is prepared to do in order to present AEW as somehow being in control of the situation.

The one thing AEW really having going for them is the faith and goodwill of their fans to not be bothered by this - a guy I know that's completely bought into them as the saviours of all things wrestling has said that he's "hoping it's a work, but it's not dampening his anticipation regardless". Neither part of that statement makes a lot of sense to me - dropping a heavily promoted advertised match from the card a week before the show with vague excuses doesn't make sense as a work, and the idea that the fans are just perfectly happy no matter what, that they probably could easily just change up the entire card with minimal complaints, is baffling to me, but speaks to how bought in their fans are.

What's interesting is that Meltzer has claimed that it's because they don't want screwy finishes on their PPVs, so that's something to look out for on the night...