All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Being in work, I was only able to watch the pre-show, so I hope this doesn't count as live discussion.

I thought it was really fucking bad. I can't imagine one single non-fan being converted and it killed my excitement dead.

The Battle Royal entrees coming in five at a time was an absolutely terrible idea, with no-one getting spotlighted. It was a confused, muddled mess with guys who weren't introduced properly doing spots you didn't see because either someone else was doing a spot at the same or the director completely missed the action in favour of cutting to someone lying in the corner. The stench of TNA shouldn't be this high so early on. Is it really that difficult to script a Battle Royal so that everyone gets a moment to shine, without distraction elsewhere? Guys were getting lit cigarettes stapled to their fucking foreheads and we didn't even see it on TV! I also can't believe they wasted that Dustin Thomas guy like that, simply debuting him as just another wrestler. The stuff he did at Spring Break, posing as a fan only to start throwing 619s and 450 splashes when attacked by a heel, was fucking awesome. Genuinely one of the best moments of the Wrestlemania weekend and some of the most fun I've had watching pro-wrestling in years. They missed an open goal not doing something similar with him down the line. I nearly fell off my chair when he was already in the ring when the show started. Also, I love Orange Cassidy as much as anyone, but he just appears as entrant 22 for no reason because you can't think of one? Come on, lads.

The singles match that followed was better, but the commentary dragged it down tonnes. If you want wins and losses to matter, then make them matter. Just do it. Scripting the announcers to actually say it is hokey and stupid. Also, Alex Marvez sounded like his dog had died earlier in the day. Fucking cheer up, mate.

The librarian skit was the same thing you see on Raw every single week. So much for being an alternative.

Then finally the top stars were doing the type of goofy comedy every hardcore fan lambasts WWE for. Kenny Omega doing the Brent Rambo meme would be funny if he wasn't supposed to be one of your top stars. Then they came out and did shitty inside jokes about rounding up attendance figures, then ITV cut off the feed before Cody had even finished what he was saying. And that's when I'm supposed to part with my cash?!

Jesus. A very bad first impression indeed.

tenor.gif?itemid=5321689

Edited by Supremo

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Sorry man, not trolling but why no live discussion ?

Because it leads to shit content with no context. Just shite like "What a match!" popping up randomly - which could be about anything if the day later you don't know when in the show it is. It's a rule in place since about 2010 or so. Before I became a mod anyway, and it works fine. The thread's closed til show's end.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

Anymore live discussion will be followed by suspension. Actually, I know what'll be easier, closing this thread. A new thread can be made AFTER the show ends.

Edited by PowerButchi