All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

2 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I’m shocked anyone would really believe it. Like, I’m not saying it won’t happen.. But to convince yourself it will, or even might happen, seems crazy and will only end in disappointment.

What is a practical measure for success for this event ?

For example do they need to sell 80,000 or so buys world wide to be in the money ?

How much are they likely to gross on T-shirt sales alone this weekend ?

6 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

What is a practical measure for success for this event ?

For example do they need to sell 80,000 or so buys world wide to be in the money ?

How much are they likely to gross on T-shirt sales alone this weekend ?

Not sure if you quoted me by mistake but I was assuming daz was talking about cm punk, which is what my response was about. 

• Paid Members

Yeah the card doesn't jump out to a "Rumble to Mania" man but the fact this could be the first shot in a "WAR" gets me going a bit since i'm still into the first one that happened 20+ years ago.

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

Are people buying this on the basis of hype/surprises alone? Because the matches look a bit cack to me. I've seen most of them on various indies over the years.

I admit that I'm probably buying on the basis of hype, and what I've seen on YouTube and read in this thread. I stopped watching wrestling pretty much altogether years ago, save for the odd Raw or whatever where a legend was coming back for an appearance.

I've not seen any of the matches listed for tonight previously anywhere else, and in all honesty bar Jericho I've only ever seen Goldust or Cody Rhodes in WWE, so I'm going in completely new to most of the roster.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

All the matches should deliver. Cody vs Dustin better be good, since they've had this idea for a WrestleMania match since about 2008. Bucks vs Lucha Bros should be great. Jericho vs Omega was good the last time. Not "5 stars", but an entertaining match. The six man with the OWE lot vs SCU will probably be good. At the very least its going to be an entertaining card. PAC vs Hangman Page is a major loss to this show, though.

4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm buying to give them a chance and to see how they do. Card looks good to me but I don't religiously follow the indie scene.

Yeah, I don't really follow any indy scene either. All I'm looking for is a few hours entertainment for my cash. If I get that I'll keep watching, and if not, I'll stop. Simple as that really.

27 minutes ago, Richard said:

Are people buying this on the basis of hype/surprises alone? Because the matches look a bit cack to me. I've seen most of them on various indies over the years.

If the basis of a good card is featuring matches that have never happened ever before in wrestling then I hate to break it to you but you’re going to be disappointed with 90% of the wrestling shows out there right now.

The intrigue comes from the stories they’re trying to tell, not to mention that DoN is the first show from a promotion that has the potential to become the biggest alternative to WWE since WCW in its prime.

Seeing as a lot of us have just dropped WWE from our schedules, this is a perfect moment for an upstart company to garner a bunch of new fans.  I'll certainly watch this on a stream.

Much as I loathe Punk I can see  that he and Moxley could be crucial for grabbing those lapsed WWE fans.  So I expect one or both to turn up.

Fingers crossed for Ryback though!  And given their obvious love of NWO, I'd love to see Nash as an authority figure out something.

13 minutes ago, elisarcabrera said:

With ITV4 showing the weekly show available in 27million uk homes this could quickly overtake wwe as the most popular wrestling brand here. 

Like WOS did?

The new WoS was a load of wank though. If AEW is at least as entertaining as TNA in its prime (not a particularly high benchmark) then I don’t see why it can’t garner higher ratings than WWE.

Of course ratings aren’t everything but it would be a very positive start for the company.