All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, David said:

I have to admit, if their weekly shows or whatever are going to be available on ITV on Demand, and their PPV's on ITV Box Office, they've more than likely got a regular viewer in me.

I'll definitely give it some time. I currently find their roster a little uninspired, but hopefully they can change that for me. Certainly, they're giving this a proper go on some good platforms. You just hope it doesn't go a bit TNA. 

• Paid Members

Looking forward to it, but I'll admit, I expected a lot more buzz for this show than its getting. I dont know if its the line up or the roster or what, but you'd think with the TNT deal they'd have been super hot going into this week. Maybe that'll change by Friday, but All In was all over the place. WrestleMania like in a way. This is show is sort of their debut event, considering ROH put on the All In show. This is the first one with the branding and the commentators and the belts etc.

This lot really need to be throwing money Punks way. If he showed up on Saturday, it'd be one of the biggest stories in years. Jericho is hardly that big of a deal. Like in WWE, he's the guy you have alongside the big names. Not THE big name.

56 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Announcement on world championship later today 3pm eastern

Chris Jericho Vs Kenny Omega is a No.1 contender match...

They had Jack Whitehall announce that for some reason.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

This lot really need to be throwing money Punks way. If he showed up on Saturday, it'd be one of the biggest stories in years. Jericho is hardly that big of a deal. Like in WWE, he's the guy you have alongside the big names. Not THE big name.

Aye. The novelty of Jericho being outside WWE vanished pretty quickly into his NJPW run. If he came in without it he'd definitely have a bit more buzz about him. I suppose he's a recognisable face compared to most they have signed, even if it's not going to make them.

They definitely need a couple more recognisable names in there - if only for purely selfish reasons. Punk is obviously a dream signing, but it's a shame they didn't get Goldberg in doing a Brock Lesnar.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They had Jack Whitehall announce that for some reason.

He's a wrestling fan with a good relationship with TV suits as a safe but popular comedian for what little it's worth. 

I could see Punk winning the Pre show battle royal under a mask and then reveal himself at the end of the show for a square off with Omega.

Gets everyone talking and that’s your match for the first ever AEW champion.

17 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I could see Punk winning the Pre show battle royal under a mask and then reveal himself at the end of the show for a square off with Omega.

Gets everyone talking and that’s your match for the first ever AEW champion.

Jericho’s winning the main event though, right? He’s challenging Okada as part of the main event at Dominion merely weeks later, I really doubt New Japan are going to have him going into that coming off a defeat.