All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

14 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I could see Punk winning the Pre show battle royal under a mask and then reveal himself at the end of the show for a square off with Omega.

Gets everyone talking and that’s your match for the first ever AEW champion.

I'd love to see a masked man win the Battle Royal, come in to face Omega at the end and hit him with the GTS to a huge crowd pop....

Then have the masked man reveal himself as KENTA. That's probably the only way that crowd will boo anyone all night. 

• Paid Members

If they were going to get Punk in, they should've had a Rumblus instead of a Battle Royal, and go for a Cena-type moment. That'd be the optimum pop. Poptimum.

• Paid Members

The rules for the Battle Royale seem tailor made for a big pop for the final entrant.

The match will start with five wrestlers in the ring, and ever three minutes a new wave of five wrestlers will join the bout. The final entrant, dubbed "Lucky 21" will enter the match on their own.

Edited by Supremo

The crowd's going to be expecting a big surprise for that Number 21 place.  If it's just Sammy Guevara or someone like that, that isn't going to go down well.  It has to be a big surprise and I'm sure they announced that stipulation/rule with the plan in mind for it to be a big surprise. 

I'm unsure about whether I'll order this or not.  It's a Saturday night, so at least I can stay up and watch it and I'd like to watch it.

I'll watch their TV show every now and again when it's on here, but £15 for the PPV when Wrestlemania is £10, dunno about that.  I'll probably decide while I'm watching the pre-show.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The rules for the Battle Royale seem tailor made for a big pop for the final entrant.

Interesting. Sort of halfway between a Rumble and a Battle Royal. A Battle Rumble?

Nonsense. The Royal Rumble is chock full of low-level talent each year, each of which could potentially main-event Wrestlemania. That doesn’t mean the Rumble is a shit concept, especially these days as we know the shit ones don’t stand a chance of winning anyway.

Edit: meant to quote but fucked it up, oh well.

Edited by Love-Wilcox