All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

She was in multiple matches last year that were among the best I witnessed all year - both live and recorded - and has a versatility lacking in the majority of veteran Joshi workers; she can do tremendous comedy work, intense hard-hitting brawls, high flying when she feels like putting a shift in, and play for sympathy as well as anyone I've seen, while her 30 second match with Jetta at EVE's first She-1 tournament and her stint in Manami Toyota's retirement gauntlet show that she can get herself and her gimmick over in under a minute, which is no easy task.

The work that she's done in EVE over the past couple of years, and moreso in Gatoh Move, shows a tremendous creativity and inventive streak.

When Manami Toyota worked EVE, she was asked to hold a training seminar, and said there was no point because they already had Emi Sakura there, and they wouldn't get a better trainer than her. But what does Manami Toyota know?

• Paid Members

Who does watch Being The Elite, and what running gags are useful for people who haven't seen it before? (Not sure if this should be its own thread, but there might just be two responses from MPDTT, so it may not have enough in it).

Some quick ones from me:

'Where do you think you're going?' - Matt Jackson used to be nice to rookie Flip Gordon, before shaking his hand and saying that... before the rest of the team would beat him up in 'bad hazing'. Eventually, Flip asked why Matt wanted to know, and Matt explained that he was always asking nicely, but Flip not responding was really nasty, so things always got out of control. It's now turned up in the close.

Cody's super-hearing - Cody has super-hearing, using the Hogan pose. He sometimes uses it to listen in and spy on people. I have no idea why, but I find it hilarious.

The Fyre festival - Kenny Omega watched the first 20 minutes of the Fyre documentary, thought it sounded genius, and is now racking up huge bills on the AEW credit cards trying to make the biggest, best wrestling show ever. The rest of the Elite are trying to get him to watch the rest of the documentary.

Joey Ryan defending himself - Post NJPW/ROH, the Bucks started doing surprise appearances on shows, usually saving Joey Ryan from being double-teamed by heels. Unfortunately, they stopped turning up, and lots of people beat up Joey Ryan in public, including wrestlers, fans and children, as he'd immediately curl up in the foetal position while they gently put the boot in. He's recently turned a corner and started learning basic self-defense. 

Michael Nakazawa - Kenny Omega signed Michael Nakazawa, but the Bucks thought it was going to be Kota Ibushi. Matt was so annoyed, he's now become obsessed with Nakazawa, hearing and seeing his name everywhere (in the latest episode, Nick is wearing a t-shirt with 'Michael Nakazawa' written on it in a few shots, then suddenly is wearing a different shirt), and is currently plotting his death.

Full Gear Challenge - Hangman Page would always wear his gear wherever they were. When they signed him to AEW, Cody and The Bucks told him he'd look bad in the ring with Pac, as he's too skinny and fat, so he's trying to lose and gain weight. They've installed cameras in his house to monitor his diet, and after he had a single potato chip, they started sending him 'juice' to help him get 'full gear ready' by Double or Nothing.

• Paid Members

Isn't there also something about Matt Jackson poisoning anyone he doesn't like, as a means of writing someone out of the booking?

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Cody's super-hearing - Cody has super-hearing, using the Hogan pose. He sometimes uses it to listen in and spy on people

That sounds ace!  Quite self aware and meta.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Isn't there also something about Matt Jackson poisoning anyone he doesn't like, as a means of writing someone out of the booking?

We talked about this a little while ago, but I misremembered/was drunk. 

Basically (and I haven't watched back this far, so may need to be corrected), The Bucks poisoned Adam Cole and Adam Cole is now dead. If memory serves, Kenny Omega tried to poison Cody, but Cody switched drinks, so Kenny accidentally poisoned Big/Fat Masa.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

When Manami Toyota worked EVE, she was asked to hold a training seminar, and said there was no point because they already had Emi Sakura there, and they wouldn't get a better trainer than her. But what does Manami Toyota know?

I'm using that excuse next time I can't be arsed to train someone in work.

The guy over there is better.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, Statto said:

FWIW, an official-looking Twitter account (@ITVwrestling) has appeared, Cody & JR are already following it. Whether or not that hints at a longer term relationship remains to be seen, of course.

I also find it interesting that Kip Sabian is now being advertised as having a singles match on the pre-show - pretty sure he was was going to be in the battle royal before? Bit more of a showcase for a UK guy now there's UK TV coverage?

There’s also an ITV Wrestling YouTube channel. They’ve just uploaded this interview with Tony Khan

24 minutes ago, fozzyrock1986 said:

There’s also an ITV Wrestling YouTube channel. They’ve just uploaded this interview with Tony Khan

Definitely feels like ITV will be home for AEW TV. Doesn't sound like a 1 shot deal.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Their female roster will be non existent, the only ones they have signed up proper are Brandi Rhodes(who isn’t good) Allie, Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, The transsexual and some other female I haven’t heard of.

They've booked Bea Priestley for the following show but she’s signed with Stardom on a full time basis now.

Instead of booking the females they actually have signed up they’ve gone with the imports for one off appearances.

Nyla Rose, takes seconds to look up on Google instead of lazily stereotyping her gender

• Moderators

Imagine running a PPV off a poor online sitcom.

In other news, I'm running Wembley Stadium. Watch my youtube uploads of Caroline In The City for more info on it.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Imagine running a PPV off a poor online sitcom.

In other news, I'm running Wembley Stadium. Watch my youtube uploads of Caroline In The City for more info on it.

This has been done before. It was called All In