Sign in to follow this  
MPDTT

All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

Really pleased they seem to be making a go of it, hope they have success and I get the feeling they've got their feet pretty firmly on the ground so I reckon they have a good shot at grabbing that super-indy or 2nd promotion slot.

Same cannot be said for their "fans" though.  Some idiot on Reddit is posting threads of the "greatest AEW finishers" - the best finishers of wrestlers from a company that's not even run a single show yet.  All the clips are from other hard-working promotions of course.  I fully anticipate their crowds being some of the smarkiest in history.

14 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

The people behind the promotion seem to be doing a good job, so I'll give them a chance and order the PPV. A chunk of the fanbase are dickheads.

That's where I'm at right now.

Part & parcel of the majority of things these days unfortunately. Having said that, the crowd at All In didn’t seem to be out to get themselves over, so it could just be that they’ve got a bunch of mutants who like to make a noise online. I’ve recently started to use relevant parts Reddit to promote my podcast, but holy fuck what an absolute ceasepool that can be once you dig in to it. 

They certainly seem to be saying the right things and I am willing to give this show and the regular TV show a try whenever it launches, but there’s still a niggling feeling that this is still a bit of a vanity project for Cody, the Bucks and their mates. Maybe that’s just me being cynical, but I certainly willing to give this a shot unlike with a promotion like Impact who completely burnt their bridge with me and no amount of “oh but it’s really good now” will bring me back.

Will this change the business and be a competitor to WWE like so many think it will be? Probably not, and nor should it be trying to be, but hopefully it can be a good alternative

Edited by WyattSheepMask

7 hours ago, Loki said:

Really pleased they seem to be making a go of it, hope they have success and I get the feeling they've got their feet pretty firmly on the ground so I reckon they have a good shot at grabbing that super-indy or 2nd promotion slot.

Same cannot be said for their "fans" though.  Some idiot on Reddit is posting threads of the "greatest AEW finishers" - the best finishers of wrestlers from a company that's not even run a single show yet.  All the clips are from other hard-working promotions of course.  I fully anticipate their crowds being some of the smarkiest in history.

Know what you mean. Hopefully won't be as worse as ROH Pricks.

12 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Barricade slappers!

Do they not call them ring rats any more then?

Chuckie T and Trent Barreta Vs Angelico and Jack Evans is the latest match announced for Double Or Nothing

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I'm real happy that Big T and Big Match T get a match on the show. Just a shame it's against two very uninspiring performers. 

9 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Chuckie T and Trent Barreta Vs Angelico and Jack Evans is the latest match announced for Double Or Nothing

Nice mid card match and a statement of intent regarding the tag team division. It's not selling any extra PPV's but it's a guaranteed strong match to show people what's coming.

Have to be honest, I'm more interested in Aja Kong and Emi Sakura than 90% of their roster. Probably a good match up in terms of providing some variety for different audiences.

Wouldn't be surprised if Emi comes out of the show with a lot of new fans actually. 

Their female roster will be non existent, the only ones they have signed up proper are Brandi Rhodes(who isn’t good) Allie, Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, The transsexual and some other female I haven’t heard of.

They've booked Bea Priestley for the following show but she’s signed with Stardom on a full time basis now.

Instead of booking the females they actually have signed up they’ve gone with the imports for one off appearances.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Another match announced.

D6d24vPWwAAPxxP?format=jpg&name=large

Okada's let himself go.

Opening scene of tonight's BTE is hilarious!

Why is it hilarious? Am I missing context? I’ve watched the last 6 of these shows but still don’t quite “get” them yet, I’m mainly watching to familiarise myself ready for when AEW launches