All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

FWIW, an official-looking Twitter account (@ITVwrestling) has appeared, Cody & JR are already following it. Whether or not that hints at a longer term relationship remains to be seen, of course.

I also find it interesting that Kip Sabian is now being advertised as having a singles match on the pre-show - pretty sure he was was going to be in the battle royal before? Bit more of a showcase for a UK guy now there's UK TV coverage?

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Statto said:

FWIW, an official-looking Twitter account (@ITVwrestling) has appeared

I'm not suggesting it means anything long term, but it's 100% definitely an official account. 

4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Word going around that they have signed Riho to a short term deal. Think she mostly wrestles for Gatoh Move, she's worked a few TJPW shows and I've enjoyed her match's.

Do you happen to know if it's the same Riho that was with Ice Ribbon, like 12 years ago? If memory serves, they were putting her in matches when she was 12 or 14, something ridiculous, anyway. Never heard of her since, but then again I haven't really followed Joshi since 2013 & barely at all in the past 5 years.

10 minutes ago, KingofSports said:

Do you happen to know if it's the same Riho that was with Ice Ribbon, like 12 years ago? If memory serves, they were putting her in matches when she was 12 or 14, something ridiculous, anyway. Never heard of her since, but then again I haven't really followed Joshi since 2013 & barely at all in the past 5 years.

That’s the one

27 minutes ago, I like root beer said:

Now very much looking forward to Double or nothing. The ITV box office is a big deal. Will stay up for this. They are obviously going to run 02 arena very soon with Tony Khan having a part time residence and with the hype it's getting here.

The O2 arena would be a huge misstep to take for a first show, you don't run the biggest arena straight out of the gate

Not a chance right now would they sell out the O2 arena, better off starting at the Cooper Box (as New Japan are) and work up to the bigger venues, better to have 7,000 people wanting to get in to a 5,000 seat venue then 7,000 people easily fitting into 18,000 seat venue and seeing loads of empty spaces, 

11 minutes ago, I like root beer said:

Sky sports box office has charged that for more than 10 years for WWE

yeah but since the Network has launched peoples attitudes have changed towards how much they are willing to pay for a wrestling show also WWEs name on top of the bill makes it a lot easier to sell then charging £14.95 for an AEW show

I think at most £9.99 should of been the ceiling charged for Double or Nothing 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, chokeout said:

£14.95 for a niche wrestling PPV on ITV. You'd think they'd set their price points more in line with a UK audience

If you're going to buy it, you're going to pay £15. Making it any cheaper isn't going to get any extra buys given you pretty much have to already know the show is on, who the guys are, and be willing to watch something that's likely ending around 5am.

2 hours ago, chokeout said:

£14.95 for a niche wrestling PPV on ITV. You'd think they'd set their price points more in line with a UK audience

Im sure I paid that for Rebellion 99, do you want them to charge 1.99 or something?

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

The O2 arena would be a huge misstep to take for a first show, you don't run the biggest arena straight out of the gate

Not a chance right now would they sell out the O2 arena, better off starting at the Cooper Box (as New Japan are) and work up to the bigger venues, better to have 7,000 people wanting to get in to a 5,000 seat venue then 7,000 people easily fitting into 18,000 seat venue and seeing loads of empty spaces, 

In a business, where the goal is to actually make money, you're much better off selling the extra 2,000 tickets and having a half empty arena, than you would be by turning customers away just to run a building that looks full. Providing, of course, that the rent isn't spectacularly different on the two buildings.