All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think you can admit this is really exciting stuff without going mad and declaring it a revolution that's going to kill WWE or whatever.

Jon Moxley in the Lex Luger role for their first show seems more likely than ever.

• Paid Members

I liked in the ITV/Tony Khan interview he expressed his desire for UK PPV's as well. I mean, they are definitely not messing around with this, and I hope this means a return to ITV for the new show. Maybe they could run it on Saturday afternoons after the return of The Chart Show and before The Munsters Today

• Paid Members

I'm absolutely starting an unofficial AEW YouTube series where I "analyse the moves" and talk stats with fellow like-minded, smart wrestling fans.

In all seriousness though, this is brilliant news regardless of your AEW or WWE stance. More legit competition is always a positive. 

• Paid Members

AEW really are the Liverpool FC of the wrestling industry.

They are doing all the right things and creating what we all expect will be an entertaining brand, and under normal circumstances we'd all love them for it. But fuck me, their fans aren't half annoying.

12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I'd love to know Vince McMahon's reaction to a speccy, scrawny, Observer subscriber having a go at this.

He'll have him down as the rich kid son of a billionaire who's looking to get into the "wrasslin' business" while Vince is actually more into drinking water and making movies.

1eeebcb4-4f51-43c4-be7c-d5d802ee015d-ori

Different worlds, totally.

Edited by David

Brick by brick, the Elite and the Khans have done a great job.

Back in November, when we started this thread about mere trademarks being filed, none of us - me included - anticipated they would end up on TNT and ITV. Competition is a good thing for fans and talent and it will be very interesting to see where this goes from here. 

Can't wait to get out to Vegas next week! 

Less "soapy" turns me off, personally, but we knew it was going to be like that anyway. I gotta give them a hand tho, they're really going for this and I hope it does well.

One thing that does get me a little excited if this goes well, we could possibly see competition in the video game market at least.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Less "soapy" turns me off, personally, but we knew it was going to be like that anyway. I gotta give them a hand tho, they're really going for this and I hope it does well.

One thing that does get me a little excited if this goes well, we could possibly see competition in the video game market at least.

They've already heavily hinted a game with by the Aki team who did Virtual Pro Wrestling/No Mercy. That's as big a reason as any, personally, for me to want this to succeed.

One of the reasons I'm actually a bit pessimistic about this is that it feels like I’m exactly the audience that this seems to be targeted at and to be frank a lot of stuff that feels that way bombs commercially!

Edited by BrodyGraham