All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They've booked Bea Priestley for the following show but she’s signed with Stardom on a full time basis now.

That’s actually good news for AEW because she’s fucking woeful. I swear she gets gigs as a way to bring Ospreay in

• Paid Members

I was only saying on Sunday that Emi Sakura just needs a big US showcase to be rightly in the conversation as one of the best female workers in the world, and lo and behold here we are, and totally unexpected. Hopefully this goes more than a few minutes.

• Paid Members

I thought it was quite amusing when I thought they were taking the piss out of the Luke Harper/Revival situation. Then they started to go over the top and I could only assume it was a knock on WCW. Humour's always subjective. I just found it confusing. Now if they'd dropped all the OTT bits and said they were adding two weeks to his contract because he off sick with an ingrowing toenail or something, I'd have laughed.

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I thought it was quite amusing when I thought they were taking the piss out of the Luke Harper/Revival situation. Then they started to go over the top and I could only assume it was a knock on WCW. Humour's always subjective. I just found it confusing. Now if they'd dropped all the OTT bits and said they were adding two weeks to his contract because he off sick with an ingrowing toenail or something, I'd have laughed.

Wasn't the doubling the money part a take on the Ryno situation?  I watched an interview with him recently and he reckoned they offered to double his downside to stay but couldn't guarantee he'd be on TV or working as much as he wanted

• Paid Members

There's been a running gag that the Bucks and Kenny are inept and out of their depth, so they keep offering unrealistic contracts to people. They were also adding in the Revival/Luke Harper stuff.

I thought the segment was pretty funny, and I generally like BTE, but it's not one I'd show as a starting point - it was pretty confusing. To be fair, BTE can often be a little confusing, and somewhat hit-and-miss, partly because of long-running gags. I do like it a lot though.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Wasn't the doubling the money part a take on the Ryno situation?  I watched an interview with him recently and he reckoned they offered to double his downside to stay but couldn't guarantee he'd be on TV or working as much as he wanted

Maybe it was, then. A Russo "everybody knows" situation.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Maybe it was, then. A Russo "everybody knows" situation.

I could be wrong like, just happened to see that interview last week or I wouldn't have connected the two.  Was a good interview actually done by that Chris Von Vliet fella, I think he is involved with AEW as well or Starrcast at least

I've never watched BTE but if Meltzer says it's the funniest thing in wrestling in years, it's probably safe to assume I won't find it all that amusing.

Edited by Ricc1PW

• Paid Members

It's more gentle and silly than hilarious for the most part, but it's pretty likeable. I find myself laughing at it and enjoying the humour a lot more than I did with anything WWE did over the last few years. The long-running gag, for example, that Cody has super-hearing is utterly silly, and I didn't find it funny at first - now, whenever they do a call-back to it and its played seriously, I find it hilarious.