Sign in to follow this  
MPDTT

All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

37 minutes ago, Doog said:

Why is it hilarious? Am I missing context? I’ve watched the last 6 of these shows but still don’t quite “get” them yet, I’m mainly watching to familiarise myself ready for when AEW launches

It's mocking the treatment of Luke Harper and The Revival.

8 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It isn’t hilarious at all.

STICK TO YOUR FART AND WEE HUMOUR THAT VINCE HAS CONDITIONED YOU TO LOVE AND LEAVE THE REAL COMEDY TO REAL WRESTLING FANS!!!!

I miss pro wrestling.

Edited by AshC
Me fail English

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The transsexual

Is that the gimmick name or do they have, y'know, an actual name?

18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is that the gimmick name or do they have, y'know, an actual name?

Who's the black against? 

3 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Who's the black against? 

The gay, or the porridge wog.

5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They've booked Bea Priestley for the following show but she’s signed with Stardom on a full time basis now.

That’s actually good news for AEW because she’s fucking woeful. I swear she gets gigs as a way to bring Ospreay in

I was only saying on Sunday that Emi Sakura just needs a big US showcase to be rightly in the conversation as one of the best female workers in the world, and lo and behold here we are, and totally unexpected. Hopefully this goes more than a few minutes.

I thought it was quite amusing when I thought they were taking the piss out of the Luke Harper/Revival situation. Then they started to go over the top and I could only assume it was a knock on WCW. Humour's always subjective. I just found it confusing. Now if they'd dropped all the OTT bits and said they were adding two weeks to his contract because he off sick with an ingrowing toenail or something, I'd have laughed.

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I thought it was quite amusing when I thought they were taking the piss out of the Luke Harper/Revival situation. Then they started to go over the top and I could only assume it was a knock on WCW. Humour's always subjective. I just found it confusing. Now if they'd dropped all the OTT bits and said they were adding two weeks to his contract because he off sick with an ingrowing toenail or something, I'd have laughed.

Wasn't the doubling the money part a take on the Ryno situation?  I watched an interview with him recently and he reckoned they offered to double his downside to stay but couldn't guarantee he'd be on TV or working as much as he wanted

There's been a running gag that the Bucks and Kenny are inept and out of their depth, so they keep offering unrealistic contracts to people. They were also adding in the Revival/Luke Harper stuff.

I thought the segment was pretty funny, and I generally like BTE, but it's not one I'd show as a starting point - it was pretty confusing. To be fair, BTE can often be a little confusing, and somewhat hit-and-miss, partly because of long-running gags. I do like it a lot though.

1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Wasn't the doubling the money part a take on the Ryno situation?  I watched an interview with him recently and he reckoned they offered to double his downside to stay but couldn't guarantee he'd be on TV or working as much as he wanted

Maybe it was, then. A Russo "everybody knows" situation.