Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Stupid political internet lingo: "cuck", "beta", "problematic","SJW", "salty", "L", "absolute boy", "centrist dad", "soy boy" being just some examples. 

I agree with most of those except very specifically the compound insult "soyboy beta cuck."

Dennis.

People who sing along to songs, but not at the right time/speed/placement.

I work with a lovely guy but when he sings along to the radio he does in a way which will result in me beating him to death with a box of Waitrose Love Life Chia Seeds.

For example Wonderwall is playing (bad enough)

Liam singing on radio: Today is gonna be the day

Colleague at this precise moment in the song: And after aaaaaaaaall, you're my wonderwaaaaaall

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! IF YOU HAVE TO SING ALONG, DO IT ON TIME AND ALONG WITH THE SONG

Also, people who have watched so much of a TV show/ movie they quote everything along with it, or before it comes up.

I work with someone else (this ones a cunt, the other one is sound) who, when we're on our break and watching the TV, will say the line of dialogue before it comes up to show off that he's seen this particular episode of Big Bang Theory. Actually, I'm more likely to beat him to death with the Chia Seeds.

What have we learned? I hate my job and will likely go off on one soon.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

Future historians reviewing this time period will spend half their energy figuring out whether photos are back-to-front or not, as so many smartphone manufacturers don't appear to see any value in flipping a selfie once it's taken.

Celebs do this all the time. They are promoting a product but the writing is back to front. At least make the effort to flip the pic before posting.

• Paid Members

I always think it's gonna be strange in a few years when all these people have photos of their babies/toddlers and they're all fucking Snapchat filters. But I saw the worst thing today. A young woman has, sadly, gone missing.And the two photos used to spread the word around Facebook are one that looks like a massive airbrush and another where she's a cat with glasses on. Jesus.

22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

A young woman has, sadly, gone missing.And the two photos used to spread the word around Facebook are one that looks like a massive airbrush and another where she's a cat with glasses on. Jesus.

I've joked amongst friends that this would happen in the future. Some poor kid goes missing and the only pic of them involves a flowery head band or filtered dog ears and slavering tongue. Sad to hear about an actual example of this.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I always think it's gonna be strange in a few years when all these people have photos of their babies/toddlers and they're all fucking Snapchat filters. But I saw the worst thing today. A young woman has, sadly, gone missing.And the two photos used to spread the word around Facebook are one that looks like a massive airbrush and another where she's a cat with glasses on. Jesus.

There was a photo going round a couple of years ago where a guy did the face swap Snapchat filter on his grandad at the open casket. That’s the generation that’s coming up. 

On 11/1/2018 at 7:18 PM, tiger_rick said:

People who leave their empty shower gel and shampoo in the showers at the gym could make this list anyway but today, there was an empty toothpaste. Who the fuck is brushing their teeth in the shower?

Not that i've needed to shower at the gym for a long time as I live round the corner but that used to piss me off too. In a gym I went to in the UK there was once some guy in the locker area wrapped in a towel eating potato salad out of one of the plastic tub packets from asda, really don't know why but it made me feel pretty nauseous seeing that guy just tuck into his potato salad in the middle of a room full of changing men especially when the gym had a decent chill out area with tables and chairs just outside the door. 

• Paid Members

I can't remember who I was ringing, but the hold music was the first 20 seconds of The Rites Of Spring from the Four Seasons, then a message telling you whereabouts in the queue you were. 

On the flip side of that when I was at uni our house phone had a hold button that would play a doorbell chime quality version of Greensleeves down the phone whenever you pressed it. We were constantly popping people on hold whenever they rang making their sales calls. 

On 11/1/2018 at 12:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

My councils one is a version of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons on a cheap Casio. 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I can't remember who I was ringing, but the hold music was the first 20 seconds of The Rites Of Spring from the Four Seasons, then a message telling you whereabouts in the queue you were. 

Could it be this? Just going by your location.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Could it be this? Just going by your location.

No, it was a fully orchestrated version. I think it was ringing a hospital regarding an appointment I needed to reschedule.

• Paid Members

Super trivial, irrational and specific this one, but I fucking hate when somebody states they're going to leave somewhere then proceed to hang around for a while.

My manager is the fucking worst for this. He'll say "Right, I'm off" then spend 15 minutes on his computer replying to emails, then 10 minutes shutting everything down and then another 5 minutes getting his keys/coat before finally leaving 30 fucking minutes after he originally said.

The absolute worst was earlier this week when he said "I'm off lads", then 3 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES LATER still hadn't left.

I'm not sure why it bothers me so much. My brother does it too, he'll say he's off out then lurk around for 10 minutes before fucking off. If you're going, just fucking go!

I think I need help.