Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

People, normally the Scotch, who type and spell in their accent. Gae ya heed a wobble.

Thas’ a load of ol’ squit, ya hint got the forggiest buh, yur gettin’ orn me wick! 

2 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

I'm off lads

Um nowagorn’.

10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is it the “why arn’t you wearing one” group? Or the group that seems to have an issue with different coloured poppies?

*not calling you out on anything, just asking

The people that make an issue with not wearing one.

I learnt this week there is one for animals (don't know the colour) and the white one is for protesting (against what i don't know).

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, W35ty said:

I learnt this week there is one for animals (don't know the colour) and the white one is for protesting (against what i don't know).

Didn't learn very much then, did you.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

People using" he's" instead of his. I don't know whether it's an etymological thing, but it just never looks right. My sisters and nieces do it all the time.

My mate, who has a degree in Creative Writing, constantly types ‘then’ instead of ‘than’, so he’ll type “I like Coke more then Pepsi”. Drives me up the fucking wall.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, stumobir said:

Gie yer heid*

The English attempting Scotch accents.

I always remember Grado's sig when he still posted as TheLostScot on here.

"Yer lucky ah'm wearin' ma guid trainers, or ah'd stove yer heid in, ya wee jakey cunt."

5 hours ago, Slapnut said:

My mate, who has a degree in Creative Writing, constantly types ‘then’ instead of ‘than’, so he’ll type “I like Coke more then Pepsi”. Drives me up the fucking wall.

Maybe he's listing his favourites?

"I like Coke more, then Pepsi"

I can't stand it when people pronounce the word specific as Pacific. Fucking hell. My manager does this. What is it, a neurological problem?

She also says "uz" instead of "us". God I'm shuddering just at the thought

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

People using" he's" instead of his. I don't know whether it's an etymological thing, but it just never looks right. My sisters and nieces do it all the time.

This is really common in the Jersey accent and while, over the years, I've become accustomed to some of the quirks of the accent, this one will never not grate on me. 

There's one woman in particular who seemed to do it worse than anyone else, like a really drawn out "heee'z", and I found it so frustrating. Then, to make matters worse, I saw something on her Facebook where she even writes "he's". As if she doesn't even know the word "his" exists.

• Awards Moderator

Watching a video in a presentation and someone leaves the cursor somewhere where it won't fade away e.g. hovering over the 'pause' button. Totally disproportionate rage.

Re: he's v his, time is on their side as historically we developed the word "his" as a corruption of "he's" - ie the thing that belongs to he with a possessive apostrophe.

Edited by Onyx2