Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

People getting wound up about Americanisms or railing against new slang is a reliable indicator for spotting a bellend in my opinion. 

Tea.

EDIT - Image result for spiderman pointing gif

Edited by Devon Malcolm
bring home the bacon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

They fit really well in this thread though, because it's a really pathetic and trivial thing to be annoyed by.

That's all well and dandy but I still feel a tiny amount of rage whenever I hear "I could care less".

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

That's all well and dandy but I still feel a tiny amount of rage whenever I hear "I could care less".

That's neither an Americanism nor new slang though, it's just people being thick.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That's neither an Americanism nor new slang though, it's just people being thick.

Not necessarily. There's a school of thought that it's originally a sarcastic Yiddish phrase, delivered in full appreciation that the speaker means the opposite of what the words are saying, as with its similarly delivered neighbour 'I should be so lucky'. We call people thick for it because they're clearly not speaking logically but we do the same thing when we say things like 'You've got to love how Boris Johnson responds to questions directly, haven't you?' and so on.

On topic: Bookmarks jutting out of a book. My missus does this every time she hands me a book to put into my backpack if we're getting a train and always laughs at me for poking its head down.