Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

People who won't accept that opinions can be wrong, because they most certainly can.  When you've pointed out something factually incorrect and they still say "But it's my opinion so it can't be wrong".  Fuckwits.

That's not trivial. Those fuckers should be put on a bonfire.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Super trivial, irrational and specific this one, but I fucking hate when somebody states they're going to leave somewhere then proceed to hang around for a while.

My manager is the fucking worst for this. He'll say "Right, I'm off" then spend 15 minutes on his computer replying to emails, then 10 minutes shutting everything down and then another 5 minutes getting his keys/coat before finally leaving 30 fucking minutes after he originally said.

The absolute worst was earlier this week when he said "I'm off lads", then 3 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES LATER still hadn't left.

I'm not sure why it bothers me so much. My brother does it too, he'll say he's off out then lurk around for 10 minutes before fucking off. If you're going, just fucking go!

I think I need help.

There used to be a guy drank in my Mum's pub like that. He'd announce his departure and then proceed to say goodbye to everybody individually. Sometimes it'd take him up to an hour.

A variation on this is when people announce they're leaving a group online and then wait around to see how everybody reacts.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, W35ty said:

The poppy police.

Yes.

They always make it a talking point at football games as well every year. On Sunday Supplement earlier this morning, Neil Ashton brought it up and asked Melissa Reddy for her reasons why she wasn't wearing one. To be fair they treated her response with respect, but why ask it in the first place? What the fuck does it have to do with the content of their show?

20 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is it the “why arn’t you wearing one” group? Or the group that seems to have an issue with different coloured poppies?

*not calling you out on anything, just asking

They tend to be one and the same, don't they?

37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They tend to be one and the same, don't they?

As is probably the case for most odd things, it must be a Hull thing. We seem to have 3 distinct groups of Poppy Police:

- The ‘Wear one, it doesn’t matter what colour it is, just wear one’ Group

- The ‘Wear one so long as it’s a Red one otherwise you’re a liberal snowflake’ Group

- The ‘You’re a terrorist supporter because you’re not wearing a Poppy’ Group

Edited by WyattSheepMask

One trivial thing that annoys me is when people say the word "literally" when either it adds absolutely nothing to the sentence or even worse, used in the wrong context.  

Example, the other day, someone at work was telling me about her taxi ride home, as the taxi driver had to swerve as some teenagers on bikes literally flew out at them..... What was it, ET?  

It seems to be a generation thing, hopefully it passes just as quick as the "good times" phase.