Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Except there is such a thing as a standard cup, which has a gram value. So what have we simplified here? 

See, I was led to believe it was just a general unit - I didn't know there was a gram value at all. How many grams is it?

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I have just stopped in a roadside Starbucks that is completely empty, yet they still had to ask for my name. I am the only one here who isn't a member of staff.

Whenever they ask for your name at Starbucks, just don't tell them "Spartacus". You'll never get your coffee.

That episode of Friends when Joey pretends the Porche is his. At the end when he has a cover over it and the guy runs in to catch a football and dives on top of it, revealing that it's just a load of cardboard boxes under a car cover. That guy catching the ball is a fucking prick for doing that. He didn't know it was boxes so he thought it was an actual car he was jumping on and that that was an OK thing to do.

Smokers who apparantely can’t wait 30 seconds to resume their filthy habit once leaving a train and block the entrance/exit to the train station. 

Shout out to the dickhead today who stopped short to light up in the doorway and nearly caused everyone behind him to fall into each other like dominos.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

That episode of Friends when Joey pretends the Porche is his. 

Joeys pronunciation of "Porsche" in that episode.

Also, Americans thinking "au jus" is a compound noun, as in "dip it in the au jus." It's just.... jus. Or gravy.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Redacted winning this years bake off...  Fuck off... 

I'd rather he won it with his tiny scrunched up face then have to see Kim Joy on my tv ever again. 

Actual photo of Kim-Joy 

IMG_0843.JPG

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Sanitising spoilers

Future historians reviewing this time period will spend half their energy figuring out whether photos are back-to-front or not, as so many smartphone manufacturers don't appear to see any value in flipping a selfie once it's taken.

That's left to the user to do manually at a later stage, which invariably doesn't happen, so modern records are awash with backwards text, scars and piercings on the wrong side, and a disproportionate correlation between vanity and left-handedness.