Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

55 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Gigs finishing at 11 annoys me, it gives me such little time to catch a train home and depending on the venue I won't be able to make it.

What's worse are bands that overrun their time slot and don't finish until almost 11:30 meaning you've missed the last train.

17 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

What's worse are bands that overrun their time slot and don't finish until almost 11:30 meaning you've missed the last train.

I've luckily never had that happen but I've abandoned tonights gig after seeing the set times, main band has 45 minutes starting from 10:15.. no chance am I getting home.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

What was that band from about ten years ago whose name was just "!!!" or something like that, but you had to pronounce it "chkchkchk"?

I saw them at Glastonbury. They're not too bad. Holy Fuck were better, though. 

56 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

They're even worse for the staff at the venue who don't get overtime when it happens but are expected to carry on working for free.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bands that have the letter in V in place of other letters in their name.

Chvrches? Landmvrks? 

With Chvrches it's the Latin spelling, bit like fashion house Bvlgari. Fuck knows Landmvrks excuse though, whoever they are at home.

I haven’t heard of them until today, but they’re supporting While She Sleeps on an upcoming tour and that got me thinking about the seemingly completely random use of V instead of the correct letter. 

The explanation of Chvrches and Bvlgari at least correspond as it’s a U that’s being replaced in both words, as opposed to the A in Landma(v)rks

Maybe I’m just out of touch? No, it’s the children who are wrong

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Random people, mainly women in their 50/60’s approaching me when I have my daughter with me and asking if I am baby sitting today. No I am fucking not, I am looking after my fucking child you patronsing fucks. 

Also, the same women giving me tips on how to get my daughter to sleep etc. FUCK OFF YOU BRA BURNING HIPPIES. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bands that have the letter in V in place of other letters in their name.

Chvrches? Landmvrks? 

PVRIS are another band that does this. They changed their name from Paris for legal reasons apparently. I like them a lot, so it doesn’t bother me. But they do get shit from non fans for their “stupid spelling of Paris”. And also, people seeing the name and pronouncing the V. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Random people, mainly women in their 50/60’s approaching me when I have my daughter with me and asking if I am baby sitting today. No I am fucking not, I am looking after my fucking child you patronsing fucks. 

Also, the same women giving me tips on how to get my daughter to sleep etc. FUCK OFF YOU BRA BURNING HIPPIES. 

Does this actually happen? Good grief. As to the second point who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to give unsolicited parenting tips to a complete stranger?

On 10/28/2018 at 3:38 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

The way that Mexico’s Dia De Los Muertos has been completely hijacked and lumped in with Halloween. It’s like when football fans tried to hijack Iceland’s Viking Clap and attach it to their team.

Thats their thing, come up with your own shit

Even more trivial and annoying is when fans call it the "viking clap" when it originated in North Lanarkshire, Scotland;

There is YouTube footage of fans carrying out the chant at Fir Park before a win over Celtic in 2013 and supporters of the Scottish club also used the chant against Stjarnan in their 2014 Europa League qualifier. Stjarnan took 22 fans to Fir Park, and Motherwell had “three or four hundred” at the second leg, whose team lost 5-4 on aggregate. “Because Motherwell fans performed the chant, Stjarnan fans took it up. They passed it on to Tolfan and it was used throughout Iceland’s successful Euro 2016 qualifying campaign.” Back to Jonsson. “Since we started it, it has really taken off. We would like to thank Motherwell for lending it to us!”

Case closed.

12 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes! Particularly grating when they start giving you 1970's parenting advice too - one of my kids can be rather stroppy and stubborn and I got told by a complete stranger that if my daughter was hers, she'd 'slap the legs of the little madam'. I think that have been the first time I told an elderly woman to fuck off.

43 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Does this actually happen? Good grief. As to the second point who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to give unsolicited parenting tips to a complete stranger?

Sadly yes. I had my daughter out for a walk and popped into a charity shop to dodge some rain and. A lady approached and made all the small talk you have when with a new born only to follow up with. 

Her: “does she sleep well at night?”

Me: “yeah, sleeps about four hours or so then wakes for a feed so we are getting plenty if sleep.”

Her: “If you stroke her cheek like this (she then proceeds to stoke my sleeping daughter and wakes her up which causes her to cry.”

Me: “Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.”

she then scuttled off as I tried to calm my wailing child down.