Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I've said it before on here: the term "virtue-signalling" is a wanker's term, created for wankers to be used by wankers. Basically, these people can't wrap their heads around the idea that others might have a strong enough sense of justice or morality that they wish to express their values either via action or words, and therefore think they could only possibly be doing it to show off to others, particularly women.

Calm down you millennial snowflake.

• Paid Members

People who go to gigs and then complain, "they didn't play anything I knew". Do they not stop and think that, maybe, if they watch a band play for two hours, and don't recognise a single song, that perhaps it's not the band's fault?

28 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

People who go to gigs and then complain, "they didn't play anything I knew". Do they not stop and think that, maybe, if they watch a band play for two hours, and don't recognise a single song, that perhaps it's not the band's fault?

Immediately reminded me of this 'Big Train' sketch:

On 10/26/2018 at 6:18 PM, Accident Prone said:

I don't think it's exactly trivial, but the term 'virtue signal' is really fucking me off lately. When did it become acceptable to lambaste people who want to help others? So fucking frustrating seeing people highlight something wrong, only for a bunch of alt-righters to fling about their bullshit.

I saw it recently when someone made a post about a council sticking slopes on kerbs, arches and doorways to keep away the homeless at night. The post pointed out that the money spent on these measures could have gone towards actually helping the homeless, only for some utter cunt to reply " Is this where we virtue signal?". Fucking cunts (not the homeless, obviously).

But that's exactly what you're doing with this post, virtue signalling. You know that no one on this board is going to disagree with your point, about the homeless, or suggest that it's wrong to help people in need, so why make it in the first place, unless to get some "likes"?

• Moderators

That thing which has carried over from The Apprentice, where people try to sound smarter than ignorami who use the words 'me' or 'my' by utilising the full, posh version, 'myself'.

"Who done that?"

"It was myself, Lord Sugar. Myself and myself's team, trying to win a job with yourself."

I keep seeing this pop up everywhere now, like a disease. I'm convinced people who talk into their phones while holding it a foot below their chin like it's a Star Trek tricorder got it from the Apprentice too. You're not being filmed! Just put it to your ear like normal!

"My good DJ, do you have the Yourself and Myself Song by the Wannadies?"