Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Working from home and the UKFF are damaging my health:

C1872Ff.jpg

Plates???  Fanny.

4 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Battered sausage, chips and curry sauce.

https://i.imgur.com/CChnRll.jpg

Proper Black Country orange chips too. One of the staples that makes the Black Country the food capital of the world, along with grey peas and bacon and Teddy Grays herbal tablets.

What makes the chips orange?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Did anyone else have random urban legends regarding the closure of random chippys/take aways? Around here, there always seems to be somewhere closing as they found the owners spunk in the food or some shit like that. 

That's a McDonalds thing round here. There was one in a shopping centre in the 90s that everybody seems to think got shut down because they found spunk in the mayo. It's complete bollocks obviously. It closed because there was another, bigger, McDonalds two minutes away that had better parking and a drive through.

All the other urban legends I've heard are just thinly veiled racism. Chinese restaurants caught passing off cats, dogs, seagulls, etc,as Chicken and all that shite. One place in Dundee actually released a statement pointing out that chicken isn't expensive and buying it is a lot easier than trying to catch seagulls.

• Paid Members

@Thunderplex Apparently they get dipped in an orange-coloured batter before being fried, although some people say there's something extra added to the oil to give them the orange colour too. Not entirely sure, but they're delicious and it makes me sad they're not more widely available. They just seem to have a little extra crunch and flavour than your normal chip.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@Thunderplex Apparently they get dipped in an orange-coloured batter before being fried, although some people say there's something extra added to the oil to give them the orange colour too. Not entirely sure, but they're delicious and it makes me sad they're not more widely available. They just seem to have a little extra crunch and flavour than your normal chip.

Will have to make sure I try them if I’m down your end of the country, cheers,

• Paid Members

There are several chippies in my sleepy hometown and surrounding hamlets that do battered chips and won't complain if you ask for half and half if a full portion of battered is too much. Or like me, if you're weird and while you like the taste of the battered ones you don't want to completely miss out on the taste of normal chippy chips with a vinegar tang, because that's why you went chippy in the first place.

Love kebab meat with proper chippy chips too, not fries.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Any chippy that serves kebabs, is not a chippy.

Not the first time I've been on Just Eat looking at the chippies and the chip shop stuff has been half way down the page behind the kebabs and pizzas. 

Dammit, you've got Chippy in your name, where's the chips! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

This is wrong. Chippies have also been serving kebabs for years. Chips can be your main attraction but the inclusion of kebabs doesn't make you any less a proper chippie. 

i agree. a kebab shop that sells fish and chips is not a chippy. but a fish and chip shop which also sells Kebabs is. Most kebab shops use frozen oven chips rather then proper chips anyway

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Any chippy that serves kebabs, is not a chippy.

Cobblers. Regional differences prevail but in the West Midlands a lot of the best fish n chips available, sold in proper chippies with all the expected sundries, are sold in outlets who also have the elephants leg rotating serenely in the corner.