Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As an aside, both Royal Cod and Atlantic Fish Bar in Chorlton have seated areas and even proper plates.  Poor old Devon would have a Scanners moment if they did kebabs as well.

Many a trudge from Atlantic home from a few jars in Dulcimers, Bar etc with fish n chips n curry sauce under my arm when I was living in St Retford. Still hot when I got it in to settle in for tipsy viewings of Diners Drive Ins and Dives. Rrrrrrr..... great days.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As an aside, both Royal Cod and Atlantic Fish Bar in Chorlton have seated areas and even proper plates.  Poor old Devon would have a Scanners moment if they did kebabs as well.

You're allowed to sit down and have seating areas, but those are fish restaurants, just to be clear.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

A restaurant seats you, takes your order and brings your food over to you. 

I'm sorry they don't have Harry Ramsden in Chorlton. Try Henri Ramsdenne round the corner.

• Paid Members

Delighted to see that this has become pretty much the hottest thread on the forum all year. Over in On Topic the SummerSlam thread is only a poxy 6 pages long right now. 

A proper, honest chippy doesn't sell kebabs. That doesn't mean that a takeaway can't knock out decent fish and chips though.

• Awards Moderator
49 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A proper, honest chippy doesn't sell kebabs. That doesn't mean that a takeaway can't knock out decent fish and chips though.

Now there's a wise man. 

You are fucking wrong uns.  We aren't talking about Shish or koftes or poncey shit like that.  Doner meat, and chicken at a push, both normal and tikka on a pole like doner.  That's all, nothing else.

When we go to my gfs parents, their local chippy does kebabs but they ask if you want salad or chips on top of them.  Chips every time!  Then again, it is Bedworth so that's probably Blumenthal levels of ponceness for the area.  Mixed kebab with chips is a fiver ,well skill.