Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Where did you get that from?

Church Road Chippy in Northenden. Ā Used to be my regular in my formative years. Ā Drove past it and wanted to re-live the old days. Ā Very nice indeed, but expensive.

10 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Had a scollop as well, but ate it on the way home.

Ā 

99BE1AE2-B9F2-407E-B847-DA66C846A77F.jpeg

Good man. Is it bad that this is making me hungry as I read this at ten past seven on a Saturday morning?

Also gotta commend the pre-meal scollop. I feel this is an underrated and key part of a chippy tea. I always get one to whet the appetite on the journey back from the chip shop. It's like food foreplay before getting down to the main event.Ā 

Edited by The Maestro
Salivating

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I reckon we should have a chippy fest. Ā A night where we all get a chippy tea and post pics, say where it is from and the price. Like set a date for the first UKFF ChippyMania or something.

Right, well Iā€™m off to Tynemouth on the N.E coast tomorrow and thereā€™s 2 award winning chippys. Letā€™s get this fucker on.

• Paid Members

Yeah it doesn't look nearly as impressiveĀ in the photo but it was delicious - lathered in tons of salt and vinegar so it wasn't too dry. The town also has an award winning chippy which is apparently one of the best in Scotland so I'll try to go there after payday and post the results. I mean, for the interests of science and this thread obviously.Ā 

Bloody love a chippy. There's a couple of good ones in the town I live in and a whole load of shite too.

My usual is a large fish supper covered in salt and vineger with a couple of pickled onions too. Would usually have it with mushy peas too but no chippy in Scotland seems to do mushy peas.Ā 

• Paid Members

What's everyone's thoughts on reheated chippy chips?

Ended up getting a chippy tea on Friday (this thread is doing wonders for chip shop proprietors up and down the country, I think) and while I polished all mine off, the wife only had about 50% of her chips. She was about to chuck them but I salvaged them with the intention of reheating for chip butties before football yesterday (which I did). At the time she seemed disgusted by the suggestion, but come yesterday afternoon was desperate for a bite of my sarnie.

For me, reheated chippy chips is a really nostalgic smell/taste. My old man was a long distance lorry driver and we invariably had chippy tea on Friday nights - but because he got home late from work, his were often reheated under the grill (I did mine in the oven yesterday, FWIW) and he'd often let us have a chip or two, so reheating them seems perfectly normal to me. The missus had apparently never heard of such a thing.

So yeah, is it an abnormal thing to do, generally?