Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Talking of chippy curry sauce, the first one was made by a company in Openshawe in the late 60’s called Dinaclass.  The owner used to go in the bank where my mum worked and chat her up.  

26 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I've had fish & chips THREE times this week. Ok, I'm on holiday in the West Country, but I still think this thread is the single biggest reason.

I live in Devon by the seaside, with a few good chippies nearby, but I have been good and resisting getting anything. I am definitely getting cod and chips and a few beers tomorrow evening.

13 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Talking of chippy curry sauce, the first one was made by a company in Openshawe in the late 60’s called Dinaclass.  The owner used to go in the bank where my mum worked and chat her up.  

Dinaclass is still a staple in our house but the smaller bags are getting harder to source as well as being vastly over priced. Cash and carry places around Manchester still stock it but it is in larger quantities than I'd ideally like.

22 minutes ago, Rule One said:

Dinaclass is still a staple in our house but the smaller bags are getting harder to source as well as being vastly over priced. Cash and carry places around Manchester still stock it but it is in larger quantities than I'd ideally like.

I googled this and it turns out you can buy a sack of their curry for ÂŁ25 off Amazon.

I might be seeing some of you in #EATCLEAN shortly.

7 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

I googled this and it turns out you can buy a sack of their curry for ÂŁ25 off Amazon.

I might be seeing some of you in #EATCLEAN shortly.

ÂŁ25 for six gallons worth, not bad. There's a place in Broughton that does it for around ÂŁ20 but last time I got it from there I split the bag and lost around half the contents. I stick to the small but overpriced bags from a local fishmonger now.

• Paid Members

Ok this thread is getting deep into my subconscious mind. Just driving along in the car and Let It Be comes on the radio.

Let's just say, speaking words of wisdom, chippy tea. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Spelling mistakes