Chippy Tea

Onyx2

I had a shitty Morrisons cafe fish and chips before as they feed my many many children for free. The fish is actually quite nice usually, some use the fish in the shop this one always batters them in the shitty Morrisons cafe. The problem arose when ignoring my eldest daughters complaint that her plate smelled funny I bit in to a rancid tasting chip that had the overwhelming scent of piss. A piss chip if you will. I held back my disgust until everyone had finished and on further inspection and with a second opinion it was confirmed to be a very rancid piss smelling chip indeed. It was literally the second to last thing on my plate and felt too ashamed to complain  with an empty plate looking like I'd powered through and ate piss chips regardless. 

Anyway, enjoy your authentic fish suppers wankers. 

• Paid Members

HnnByP5.jpg

A little bit bland I have to say, but an impressive amount of chips. I'm afraid it's from one of the "jack of all takeaways", doing fish, kebabs and fried chicken, but there's not much else around here. They do offer fish fried in the southern batter they do the chicken in, which I must admit intrigued me. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

They were cracking, from a fresh batch.  FishNChicken, it's the main one I'd go to in Harlow by choice.

Fish N Chicken are often great. My only complaint is their portion size to cost is a bit stingey (in Harold Hill / Basildon branches), but their chips are bloody good

• Paid Members

Back to work this week, and while I was out for lunch I remembered that a 'chippy' had opened just across the road from our office. As I passed it, I thought it would be a good idea to share with you their prices and not-at-all-pretentious menu.

Warning: you will gag on your saveloy at the prices, especially if you're from ap naaarth. This is what you have to put up with in City.

2018_08_29_13_53_00_MayfairChippy_Takeaway_Menu.thumb.jpg.206825e7405f2eaeb8f430d00c7faf59.jpg

Small chips, £2.80! Cod, £7.70! Deep fried fucking oysters?! I tried the chips when they were giving away samples during their opening week, and they were shit- just standard gastro pub-style chips, definitely not chip shop chips. What a defamation of the good word 'chippy'.

I was at a gaming convention this past Monday and they had a "chippy" van in the food court, they were wanting four quid for a chip batch themselves. I decided to starve and wait till I got back to my local which was bloody closed.. had to suffer with Chinese chips but at least they piled the bag till bursting.