Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

I’m sure I read once that the fourth bit on a fork was only added by Americans in the 19th century. Less than four is the traditional British way. At least since the 17th century when the fork was brought over from Italy and Brits were eventually convinced it was more hygienic than just stabbing food with the dagger you kept in your belt.

I swear the whole book wasn’t about the history of the fork.

13 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Cheers. I've driven past it numerous times. May have to stop off and check it out.

It’s really good and the guys are sound. They cook to order so you can be in for upto a 15 minutes wait or so depending what you get. However the owner has been known to chuck me a free scallop for me to snack on while I wait, which is the peak of chip shop etiquette.

The kebab is amazing and way better than any meat based one I’ve ever had, but they have everything. Even  to the level of using fake bones for their chicken drumsticks!

Favourite thing about it is that it’s just a regular normal chippy but plant based. Most vegan restaurants are all pretentious and hipster, so it’s great to just have regular food without having to sit at a table made from repurposed industrial crates while sat on a charity shop chair that probably cost the same as an iPhone 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

44 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

What's the "meat" made out of @UK Kat Von D - tofu? 

Not sure, he did tell me ages ago but I’ve forgotten

40 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Open a goddamn vegan thread you flax eating divots. 

Why when I can just post about my chip shop food in the chippy thread?