Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Had a pie and chips from my actual local. 

Forkless. Sorry. 

IMG_20180830_200713-864x1152.thumb.jpg.6e19674badca97ff8e7ef23cbde596b0.jpg

IMG_20180830_194237-1152x864.thumb.jpg.d7cc4ebab7e88bd5a00a7fe13f37b1b6.jpg

While I was there the person behind me in the queue was losing their shit because they didn't sell gravy. The 16 year old behind the counter was baffled. "BUT EVERY CHIP SHOP IN THE NORTH SELLS IT!" 

Had an unexpected chippy tea tonight off my mam, as a make up cos she had taken my sister, my niece and my nephew to Pizza Hut after they had been to the Blue Planet Aquarium this morning, she had to nip out and order flowers so brought me back Salt and Pepper wings, chips and Chinese sauce

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Had an unexpected chippy tea tonight off my mam, as a make up cos she had taken my sister, my niece and my nephew to Pizza Hut after they had been to the Blue Planet Aquarium this morning, she had to nip out and order flowers so brought me back Salt and Pepper wings, chips and Chinese sauce

Where’s the chippy tea?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Chips in a foil tray is even worse than chips in a polystyrene tray. It's a no from me. 

Look closely.  It’s a cardboard tray.  It’s glistening like foil due to the Loveley grease.

6 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Did she buy you a toy as well?

Takes me back to the days I'd cone home at night and there's be a rancid cold McDonald's waiting in the microwave because she couldn't leave me out.

My daughter told me she had a corned beef fritter when she went to Swansea recently. Like a crispbake but chippy style. Need to hunt one down.

• Paid Members

That's my locals. I'm very tempted to grab lunch there today. This thread is making me obsessed.

Screenshot_20180831-101419.png

• Paid Members

My parents recently moved back to East Yorkshire, and there's a chippy in the village they live in. It's a bloody revelation, as all but one chip shop in Jersey is an absolute fucking disaster. Being able to get decent chips, a patty, chip spice and scraps again is worth the journey alone.

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Did she buy you a toy as well?

Takes me back to the days I'd cone home at night and there's be a rancid cold McDonald's waiting in the microwave because she couldn't leave me out.

My daughter told me she had a corned beef fritter when she went to Swansea recently. Like a crispbake but chippy style. Need to hunt one down.

Lol

That fritter sounds tasty like, never see anything like that up my way, rarely see the fruit fritters on chippy menus these days let alone anything else

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is there anything not instantly improved by better? I had battered Ice Cream once, I don't even know how that works.

's a Mexican thing, isn't it? Had it at Chiquito's in Leicester Square once. Quite nice.