Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

The Herne Hill one is close enough for me to make an effort to go there at some point! I'll have to remember that one...

Shame about it's wanky name. "Fish Experience" indeed. Wouldn't have called it that in Cleethorpes. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Nearest one to me is the one in Hoddesdon. That's @PunkStep country. Think we discussed this a few pages back - Punky mentioned another one near Rye House station.

Yeah Captain's, formerly Captain Cod. Discussed a few pages back as I think some Civic Hall regulars used to eat here. It's well deserved of its plaice (not even sorry) to be honest, amazing chips. I used to go there on my lunch break when I had to do the banking during my first full-time job, so much happiness from a battered sausage and chips I tell thee.

• Paid Members
On 9/3/2018 at 1:05 AM, Carbomb said:

Wait a minute, what's so esoteric about rock? I've seen loads of places all over the country selling that. It's good, too. Lots of flavour.

Is Rock the bastard with a big spinal bone down the middle of it? My teeth have fallen foul of that on more than one occasion!

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Is Rock the bastard with a big spinal bone down the middle of it? My teeth have fallen foul of that on more than one occasion!

Yeah, but it's pretty easy to find - just use your cutlery! Are you just biting into your fish, that you end up chomping on the spine without knowing where the bone is?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Yeah, but it's pretty easy to find - just use your cutlery! Are you just biting into your fish, that you end up chomping on the spine without knowing where the bone is?

Well, first of all I'm normal so I don't eat fish and chips with cutlery. But year, fair point, it's more trying to gnaw the meat of the bone.