Chippy Tea

Onyx2

The bottom one's just nicely lightly battered to perfection. Perfection. Bollocks to those great big thick greasy tree trunk ones where you get more batter than sausage. 

I didn't notice gravy, but then I tend not to bother with it myself so I wouldn't have been looking for it. Does this mean I'll have to go back at some point so that I'll be able to answer this question properly? I can probably force myself.

• Paid Members

Personally, I don't think those chips are done enough and it looks like they might have been done with New potatoes, which make shite chips. But hey, I had a sodding jacket potato for lunch so you're still a winner over me.

2 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

The bottom one's just nicely lightly battered to perfection. Perfection. Bollocks to those great big thick greasy tree trunk ones where you get more batter than sausage. 

I didn't notice gravy, but then I tend not to bother with it myself so I wouldn't have been looking for it. Does this mean I'll have to go back at some point so that I'll be able to answer this question properly? I can probably force myself.

There is no batter on either sausage, what the fuck

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

All you need from a chip shop is a smile off whoever's behind the counter and a satisfying bit of grub

This reminds me of an added bonus of my local chippy back home from when I was I'm guessing 21-23 - a girl from the year below me at school did a couple of nights behind the fryer, and the group of lads I knocked around with absolutely revelled in the fact she also worked weekends at Spearmint Rhino in Birmingham. Many times 4/5 of us would pop in for our Kings Special (mini cod, small sausage, chips and curry peas or gravy for £1.60) and all just snigger "Alright, Corinne" as she scowled at us. She had a swing on her, I recall from school, so if the rage had escalated I'm confident she'd have battered any one of us, pun intended. Never once crossed our mind to actually go watch her dance, that would have made too much sense. Plus, "up Brum" on a Saturday?? Not made of money luv(va).

Thanks Carebare for inadvertently reminding me what a bushel of pricks we were in our youth.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Can anyone else see the batter on the bottom sausage? It's very clearly there. Have I inadvertently stumbled across a new "what colour is this dress?" / "Yanny or Laurel" type situation? 

I can see it. Looks good, too. Dunno what they're on about.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Rule One said:

My sincerest apologies for dragging this thread right down but I've just half finished this abomination:

eCwiNH8.jpg

I don't even want to talk about it...

Is it sponsored by McCains or something? State of them chips! And one of Young’s fish fillets by the look of things. Jesus.

Was in town today so went to to the finest chippy in Manchester, one that's gotten a lot of love in this thread.  Wright's Traditional.

IMG_0070

Unfortunately, the people you see behind the sandwich board were queueing for food.  So we went and did what we needed to do in town and waited for the lunchtime rush to die down.

So worth the wait.

For the gentleman, Sausage and chips.  For the lady, chips, cheese and beans.  

IMG_0072IMG_0071

It's been a while, welcome back, old friend.