Chippy Tea

Onyx2

26 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

To be fair I don’t know why I didn’t just open with this a way of getting the UKFF to go vegan 

Marvellous!  You can keep Carbomb.  Bonus points for the make of lentils there as well, proper UKFF referencing!

• Paid Members

Or you could split this off into a vegan thread and we go back to talking about chippies. I don't know why this is still being discussed in here, especially a couple of pages after Chest asked for this discussion to end.

14 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Or you could split this off into a vegan thread and we go back to talking about chippies. I don't know why this is still being discussed in here, especially a couple of pages after Chest asked for this discussion to end.

Leave - Neil Shipperley / Remain - Neil ChippyTea

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’m going to start a fitness reward scheme. Anyone who joins has to walk at least 10k steps a day and eat healthily for 1 month. At the end of the month, I’ll buy them one of these, exactly as shown.

0E5D8489-BA06-4EEB-B7A3-3C5501D2BA97.jpeg

Wow, that looks like pure heaven. I don't know if it is the newspaper wrapping, but it looks so, so appetising! lashing of salt and a quarter bottle of vinegar and I could die a happy man afterwards!

Edited by Cod Eye
wank spelling...

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Alls good with that, but what’s with all this beans nonsense recently.  There are 4 wets in a chippy.  Vinager, curry, gravy and although they are grotesque, mushy peas.  Anything else is a whore.

Too many chippy serve beans that could be used as fairly dangerous ammo, decent baked beans are amazing with scraps, you get some crispy and some starting to go soggy and it's heaven.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Your chippy militancy has gone to far! No beans and chips?

Beans with fish and chips would be absolutely bizarre but beans and chips are a wonderful combination.

I'm cooking fish fingers, chips and beans tonight, pretty much the meal I want to have every night. But it's unacceptable from a chippy because of reasons.

46 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I am in charge of cooking at home for the next few months very soon, so I am hoping to find somewhere that can do Gluten free fish and chips near to me soon as it will no doubt be a disaster as my cooking skills are about as good as my puns! This thread makes me crave fish and chips so much, i will take a photo when i do find some! 

anyone else had GF fish and chips on here? 

Do you live anywhere near New Oscott, Beggars Bush? There's a chippy there that does the gluten free shizzle, I think only on Mondays though.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Your chippy militancy has gone too far! No beans and chips?

Beans with fish and chips would be absolutely bizarre but beans and chips are a wonderful combination.

Beans make the chips way too soggy and the textures don't mesh well with each other. The thought makes me gag.

I'm weird with chips and sogginess. Curry sauce, mayo, mint, dollop it all over and I'm game. But beans, mushy peas and gravy are my worst nightmare. Although, as I've learned from this thread, gravy up north is way thicker so that sounds a lot more palatable and I'll have to sample it some time.

5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm cooking fish fingers, chips and beans tonight, pretty much the meal I want to have every night. But it's unacceptable from a chippy because of reasons.

That's known as an 'Orange Dinner' round these parts.