Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

No chippies this end of BMR, just kebab houses and obviously a vegan pizza place.

Obviously. God bless Chorltonia. Has Didsbury declared war yet?

• Paid Members
Just now, air_raid said:

Two of them (Hoddesdon) won't be too far from Broxbourne Civic Hall so I'd imagine Benny or gadge may have experienced one already!

Ah now we're talking! Captains is easily the best chippy in the blessed town I grew up in. Chips are cooked to perfection, battered sausages are ace. They've been winning awards for years now and deservedly so. They've opened a second chippy in Hoddesdon now (might actually be Sidney's, because that place doesn't sound familiar), on the same road where my sister lives.

• Paid Members

The only problem is @air_raid that really close to Broxbourne Civic Hall is Flames kebab shop. Flames is tremendous and I have called in there on a couple of occasions when I have been down that way for other things than wrestling. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Obviously. God bless Chorltonia. Has Didsbury declared war yet?

Didsbury has Fosters, which is a bit overpriced to be honest, and the old chippy at the end of School Lane that is fucking awful.  Heading Burnage way, the Golden Lake on Parrswood Road does cracking chips, as does the one on Didsbury Road in Heaton Mersey.

2 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

In @Keith Houchen's photo Irish curry sauce and English curry sauce are both listed. What's the difference? Never heard of that. 

Nor had I.  I didn't want to look like a tourist so I actually timed it once so I'd be the only person in there, it was only then I asked what the difference was.  Irish is the spicy version.  Nope, I don't know why either.