Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Don't let @air_raid see the punctuation on that menu, he had a terrible evening dealing with @Briefcase.

I am surprised you didn't call out Faggot in Onion Gravy being listed as traditional in a proper chippy.  I've never seen a chippy sell one and certainly wouldn't have considered it traditional

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Don't let @air_raid see the punctuation on that menu, he had a terrible evening dealing with @Briefcase.

Cavalier use of the apostrophe, I am prepared to ignore. I can usually ignore most grammatical errors, especially when I assume the author is a complete thickie. However, thinking the preposition "of" is part of the structure of the conditional tense absolutely makes my piss boil. Look at the words you've written down... they don't make sense.

Although now I'm staring right at it........ why would it be MEAL'S and MONDAY'S but not CHIP'S? That's going to keep me awake tonight.

• Paid Members

Sunday night (Usual places were closed, only Chinese Chippy's were open).

Cod's Kitchen, Crewe.

Liver dinner (no peas). Chips, gravy, mushrooms, onions & liver.........ÂŁ3.80.

20180819_180534.jpg

Chips were a bit pale but the lack of scale doesn't do justice to the enormity of the portion. Didn't finish the chips, liver was excellent, especially seeing as it was probably done in a wok.

Passed the Royal Cod in Chorlton and couldn't resist chippy lunch

IMG_0055

Went for the sausage and chips, was lush. As it wasn't main meal of the day, didn't go for any sauce, just loads of salt and vinegar, vinegar on first, naturally.

IMG_0056

• Paid Members

That's some good eating.

There used to be a great chippy in Chorlton on Barlow Moor Road when I was younger, we used to go there all the time when I went to my grandma's on a Saturday. No idea if there's still a chippy there but if so I'd assume it would be under new management.

No chippies this end of BMR, just kebab houses and obviously a vegan pizza place.  On the kebab house side of things, people rave about Turkish Delight, but Panicos is where it's at.  However, they aren't chippies and are for another thread.