Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Currywurst and chips is just the kraut version of jumbo sausage and curry sauce. I always try to go to the German sausage shack that turns up at the Christmas market for that. Also Deutschland has some of the nicest kebabs you can find.

Na, not having that like. Itā€™s a different food group altogether.Ā Itā€™s the same food group as hot dogs and burgers.

Fish, jumbo sausage, chips are their own food group.

Pies, pastiesĀ and sausage rolls are the other food group that people eat.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Chips, chicken nuggets, cod, onion rings, battered sausage, scollops, deep-fried pizza? Might be a couple of spam fritters there an' all.

Pretty close. Missing one main thing. I think a lot of the random stuff is just 'unidentified fried fritters'.Ā 

Rey, no gravy or curry I'm afraid. You're getting a coronary in a box for a tenner, you can plump extra for a bit of sauce.Ā 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

It's just the Irn Bru I'm a bit meh about (gets destroyed by the Highland regiment of the UKFF).

I will happily stand shoulder to shoulder with you Onyx against the tartan horde.Ā Ā Irn Bru is rank. I've tried to like it but I just don't.Ā 

• Paid Members

I'm partial to Irn Bru because cans of it used toĀ 20p each from the butchers. 12 year old AP would hop off the bus after school and grab some Bru and Space Invaders for the bargain price of 50p. Sometimes I'd even upgrade to a Shandy Bass if I was feeling especially naughty that day.

• Paid Members

We tended to get fish and chips when we visited family in Yorkshire, and the drinks of choice for myself and my sisters as kids were always a Ben Shaw's, usually Dandelion & Burdock, or American Cream Soda (the green stuff).