Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

Are the man babies on the internet kicking off because the toy company has changed something from their favourite kids film?

What's the deal with this latest installment? Is it the end of this set of characters or just the end of their story? I know there's a billion Star Wars projects atm but it seems like they're setting up more than just a conclusion.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Are the man babies on the internet kicking off because the toy company has changed something from their favourite kids film?

What's the deal with this latest installment? Is it the end of this set of characters or just the end of their story? I know there's a billion Star Wars projects atm but it seems like they're setting up more than just a conclusion.

They’re pitching this one as “the end of the Skywalker Saga” which is how they’re now referring to the nine main films they’ve done (3 originals, 3 prequels, Force Awakens, Last Jedi and this one).

The other stuff in development, as far as we know, will still be set in ‘the galaxy’ but won’t be about or feature any of the characters we know from the films to date (apart from the Cassian Andor series but he wasn’t in the Skywalker Saga).

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My guess would be that it's some kind of elite guard Kylo (& the Knights of Ren?) have for protection. Like those ones that weren't doing a very good job protecting Snoke in episode 8.

I mean from a business standpoint it's obviously a case of Disney telling JJ Abrams to "give us red stormtroopers so we can make different coloured models from the same mould and sell more toys".  It's almost as bad as when they decided all the Daleks would be colour coded so they could sell different ones during the first part of Matt Smith's run on Doctor Who. 

In fairness they had different colour Daleks in the 1960s.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

In fairness they had different colour Daleks in the 1960s.

It was all shades of grey back then. They did bold primary coloured Daleks and heavily merchandised them. People were furious at the BBC licencing one of their most popular properties to try and generate more money to be able to try and make more episodes of one of their most popular properties. 

58 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It was all shades of grey back then. They did bold primary coloured Daleks and heavily merchandised them. People were furious at the BBC licencing one of their most popular properties to try and generate more money to be able to try and make more episodes of one of their most popular properties. 

From 1965.

daleks-colour-films-cushing.jpg?fit=1600

The Fans who whinge about stuff like that really need to quit being so petty about minor things in entertainment for children.

• Paid Members

For me, the problem with the New Paradigm Daleks wasn't the colours. The design was clunky, shit and cheap-looking on TV. Yes, I know that that's an odd thing to say about Dalek design given they looked cheap for a lot of their history, but the new design they came up with for the rebooted series looked really good, and the New Paradigm looked crap in comparison. But I was never bothered about the merchandising thing, because in real terms it didn't really affect the writing all that much. The New Paradigm was a nice try at refreshing the Daleks that didn't pay off and I don't think the design had anything to do with it. 

• Awards Moderator

Can Doctor Who talk fuck off to it's own thread please? Thanks. 

Red Letter Media have posted an awful theory for Last Skywalker. It's so bad it's almost certainly correct, especially as it's very JJ Abrams. 

Quite depressed by how likely it is. 

Spoilers if you CBA:

time travel.

Edited by Onyx2

• 1 month later...

I fucking hate Disney, they are ruining cinema and they'll ruin streaming as well.  I couldn't care lass about some shitty Star Wars based TV series in the slightest and I don't care there is a trailer HOLY FUCK THAT'S HERZOG.  HERZOG IN STAR WARS.  TAKE MY MONEY, TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!