Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I hope you’re already planning your next one. 

Desparately deleting the Alibaba app so that I don't. I'm hanging them from the ceiling, I'll run out of twine soon. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, squatswithducks said:

@Onyx2 what are the instructions like that come with these? I've been really tempted with the Star Wars/Harry Potter/Simpsons sets, but don't want thousands of pieces scattered everywhere without a detailed step by step instruction!

They are identical to normal sets, usually with more steps on each page though, to cut down on the manual size. I'll take a pic if you want when i get home?

The only issue I ever had was in the earlier sets the pieces weren't sorted in bags in stages (bag 1, bag 2, etc) so with that Super Star Destroyer I had a box of literally thousands of unsorted grey pieces. It was a nightmare to get them in any order. Don't think that's an issue with the newer sets though.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, squatswithducks said:

@Onyx2 what are the instructions like that come with these? I've been really tempted with the Star Wars/Harry Potter/Simpsons sets, but don't want thousands of pieces scattered everywhere without a detailed step by step instruction!

To complement chokey's, they are the original Lego instructions completely reprinted. Mine was in bags but the numbering is a bit off. This just means the project lasts longer 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

This is a remake of the Vader / Obi-wan duel from New Hope using Deep Fake. A common criticism of that fight is how shambling it looks through modern eyes. 

It's a bit too fan-wanky and the choice of shots is not in keeping with how Lucas does it, but I applaud the effort and the use of voice echoes is perfect. 

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

Gossip sites reporting that Dave Ba(u)tista is front of the line to play Darth Bane. 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/lucasfilm-dave-bautista-darth-bane-star-wars-show/

If that comes off that's some fucking wicked casting. I can really see that. 

(If you're not as much of a Star Wars twat as me and Darth Bane means nothing to you he was part of a pretty excellent book series). 

Edited by Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Ooh, that is interesting. I enjoyed the Darth Bane books and could definitely see Big Dave doing well with that. 

I am a little nervous about them progressing with Old Republic stuff. Reading the Bane or Revan books, I couldn’t help but think “so, they had droids and blasters and hyperspace and Coruscant was a giant city thousands of years before the films... and there’s been no progression of science or tech since then?” It’s a logic jump I struggle with when prequels are set so far in the past. I’ll have the same issue if the Game Of Thrones prequel set 5000 years before the series still has them using the same kinds of swords and living in the same kind of castles.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Gossip sites reporting that Dave Ba(u)tista is front of the line to play Darth Bane. 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/lucasfilm-dave-bautista-darth-bane-star-wars-show/

If that comes off that's some fucking wicked casting. I can really see that. 

(If you're not as much of a Star Wars twat as me and Darth Bane means nothing to you he was part of a pretty excellent book series). 

I thought there was outrage when Disney bought Lucasfilm about the books no longer being cannon. Was that incorrect or have they done a U-Turn?