Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Awards Moderator

A red herring?

Red herring.

Red.

Like 3PO’s eyes.

C-3PO had a backup of Anakin saved to his hard drive during Phantom Menace.

C-3PO is Darth Vader.

I’ve cracked it. If my exact theory is incorrect then the film is the worst film ever and I’ll loudly let everyone know, especially the cast members who are people of colour.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

A red herring?

Red herring.

Red.

Like 3PO’s eyes.

C-3PO had a backup of Anakin saved to his hard drive during Phantom Menace.

C-3PO is Darth Vader.

I’ve cracked it. If my exact theory is incorrect then the film is the worst film ever and I’ll loudly let everyone know, especially the cast members who are people of colour.

80s commercials GIF

• Paid Members

I'm not really psyched about an Obi-Wan Kenobi prequel series. Surely the prequels were an Obi-Wan Kenobi prequel series? And it undermines the character's arc if he spent all that time off having adventures rather than being a hermit and secretly looking out for Luke.

Saying that, my pet Star Wars theory is that Obi-Wan "from a certain point of view"/"I don't recall owning any droids" Kenobi is just a dick who's been blagging it all along, so maybe this plays into that.

More importantly, though, Herzog in that Mandalorian trailer, delivering his lines like it's a voiceover on one of his documentaries, has me sold.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I hope "Dark Rey" is a vision, and we don't have clone stuff to deal with. I guess we'll all find out in about 8 weeks. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Booked in for the 7-9 triple bill.  My arse is going be numb come 2am.

I couldn't do the triple due to kids, but we have booked the IMAX 9am showing for after we've done the school run. Much easier to buy tickets this time round. YET in the US they have sold more tickets then to any other film including Endgame which I thought was interesting considering TLJ backlash

32 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

How do you know what it gives away? For all we know that is all from the first act!

I'm hoping this is all first act stuff and secretly hope to be pleasantly surprised. I still can't shake some of the disappointment from TLJ though.

Should have killed Leia off then.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Booked in for the 7-9 triple bill.  My arse is going be numb come 2am.

Was super tempted to do that but our local Indy cinema usually does a Star Wars quiz the night of the midnight screening. We’re undefeated and need to defend our title, and so that took precedence.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

My interest in STAR WARS have severely fallen off since FORCE AWAKENS (which I enjoyed) Since then I've only like SOLO (a great little film) I'll definitely watch the new one as Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver are both superb, but that trailer just left me cold.

I wasn't overly fussed with The Last Jedi, but not for the reasons the moaners on Twitter were, it was just rather uninteresting (again bar Rey and Kylo who are both great)

5 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

They're full of shit, they'll all go watch it.

Of course they will go and watch the movie... They have to! How else are they gonna record 6661291667851225625 vlogs for their YouTube channels - and make money of them of course - shouting how crap the movie is (even if they are blown away by it...) and shouting Fandom Menace like they are a big time movement out to destroy Disney...

3 hours ago, Factotum said:

My interest in STAR WARS have severely fallen off since FORCE AWAKENS (which I enjoyed) Since then I've only like SOLO (a great little film) I'll definitely watch the new one as Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver are both superb, but that trailer just left me cold.

I wasn't overly fussed with The Last Jedi, but not for the reasons the moaners on Twitter were, it was just rather uninteresting (again bar Rey and Kylo who are both great)

Interesting - I know very few people that liked Solo and not Rogue One. Any particular reason?