Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Paid Members

JJ was a producer on The Last Jedi and had complete sight of the script before production started and stated publicly that he loved it ages before it came out. He never intended to do another one so likely didn't really care. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Some people are suggesting that rather than being a Jedi Rey is going to declare that she is part of a new order of Skywalkers. Also Kylo Ren is a Skywalker by blood, so maybe he abandons his dark side lineage and dubs himself Ben Skywalker. I thought that was Snoke laughing at the end, but apparently it's Palpatine? 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Some people are suggesting that rather than being a Jedi Rey is going to declare that she is part of a new order of Skywalkers. Also Kylo Ren is a Skywalker by blood, so maybe he abandons his dark side lineage and dubs himself Ben Skywalker. I thought that was Snoke laughing at the end, but apparently it's Palpatine? 

It's Palpatine.

Personally I think Kylo Ren shouldn't turn to the light. It's the most dull and predictable ending. Plus the guy killed Han fuckin Solo. That's beyond redemption in my book.

• Paid Members

It'd be a bit predictable as well. Hopefully they don't undo too much of Last Jedi. .Leia's surviving in space is a nice little foreshadowing  that Palpatine could have survived his fall at the end of Jedi.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

There's a lot to love in that trailer but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of decisions have been made to placate the 'Not My Star Warz!!', crowd.

Of course I'll see it day of release and I'll probably love it, but I just hope that it's not too compromised.

We'll see. I think it's interesting that they went back to JJ. One of my biggest gripes with the last two is it did have the feel of two directors having different ideas and directions they wanted to take it in. Obviously JJ spent his time celebrating all the mythology and adding little open ended questions, while Johnson saw a new vision for Star Wars, moving forward, which didn't have the want to explore some of JJ's interesting  ideas.

I just hope it doesn't feel a little clunky, film to film.

Watched the trailer, loved it. Won’t watch it again or anything else until I see it at the cinema.

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want to watch Star Wars ‘unspoiled’ as it were but each to their own. 

But yeah, very excited now. I think Daisy Ridley has really grown into the role and was great in The Last Jedi. Looking forward to her story concluding