Jump to content

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

JJ was a producer on The Last Jedi and had complete sight of the script before production started and stated publicly that he loved it ages before it came out. He never intended to do another one so likely didn't really care. 

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

Some people are suggesting that rather than being a Jedi Rey is going to declare that she is part of a new order of Skywalkers. Also Kylo Ren is a Skywalker by blood, so maybe he abandons his dark side lineage and dubs himself Ben Skywalker. I thought that was Snoke laughing at the end, but apparently it's Palpatine? 

Posted (edited)

I know people complaining on social media is the norm now, but what is likely a tiny minority are booting off about them not waiting until May 4th to announce this. Like it fucking matters.

Loved that trailer, and Lando Fucking Calrissian! 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted
58 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Some people are suggesting that rather than being a Jedi Rey is going to declare that she is part of a new order of Skywalkers. Also Kylo Ren is a Skywalker by blood, so maybe he abandons his dark side lineage and dubs himself Ben Skywalker. I thought that was Snoke laughing at the end, but apparently it's Palpatine? 

It's Palpatine.

Personally I think Kylo Ren shouldn't turn to the light. It's the most dull and predictable ending. Plus the guy killed Han fuckin Solo. That's beyond redemption in my book.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It'd be a bit predictable as well. Hopefully they don't undo too much of Last Jedi. .Leia's surviving in space is a nice little foreshadowing  that Palpatine could have survived his fall at the end of Jedi.

Posted

There's a lot to love in that trailer but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of decisions have been made to placate the 'Not My Star Warz!!', crowd.

Of course I'll see it day of release and I'll probably love it, but I just hope that it's not too compromised.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Spent this afternoon building the Solo Falcon. Left out the escape pod so it doesn't look shit. 

20190413_231419.thumb.jpg.c9dba3a5b44d2f0a92aba205846e46c5.jpg

Tomorrow, Chinese X-Wing. STAR PLAN~! 

20190413_231427.thumb.jpg.6592e52ec378f74f8d3210efdde4ce80.jpg

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I really hope Rose Tico and Rey rebuild L3-37 and form an all-powerful feminist movement that takes over the galaxy.

Can they resurrect Vice Admiral Holdo as well please? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Can they resurrect Vice Admiral Holdo as well please? 

You just want the Jurassic Wars crossover. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

There's a lot to love in that trailer but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of decisions have been made to placate the 'Not My Star Warz!!', crowd.

Of course I'll see it day of release and I'll probably love it, but I just hope that it's not too compromised.

We'll see. I think it's interesting that they went back to JJ. One of my biggest gripes with the last two is it did have the feel of two directors having different ideas and directions they wanted to take it in. Obviously JJ spent his time celebrating all the mythology and adding little open ended questions, while Johnson saw a new vision for Star Wars, moving forward, which didn't have the want to explore some of JJ's interesting  ideas.

I just hope it doesn't feel a little clunky, film to film.

  • Members
Posted

Watched the trailer, loved it. Won’t watch it again or anything else until I see it at the cinema.

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want to watch Star Wars ‘unspoiled’ as it were but each to their own. 

But yeah, very excited now. I think Daisy Ridley has really grown into the role and was great in The Last Jedi. Looking forward to her story concluding 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...