Merzbow Posted December 18, 2017 Posted December 18, 2017 3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said: I read it as Rian Johnson being a Marxist (and vegan), thus ruining Star Wars. I for one welcome the Democratic People's Republic of Korriban into the Star Wars Universe. Quote
Guest Posted December 18, 2017 Posted December 18, 2017 Always two there are, the bourgeoise, and the proletariat. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 18, 2017 Awards Moderator Posted December 18, 2017 The Jedi religion is the deathstick of the masses. Quote
Paid Members ColinBollocks Posted December 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2017 Haha. I believe the preferred title was The Process of Capitalist Production as a Wookiee. Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted December 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2017 The Wookies shall control the means of production? Quote
Pinc Posted December 18, 2017 Posted December 18, 2017 On 12/15/2017 at 12:34 PM, HarmonicGenerator said: And I didn't feel its length at all Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2017 I went to see it earlier this afternoon. Cinema was niceandempty. I felt some of the critters were a bit merchy and "Disney" (Porgs, racing cats and planet Glaceon) but the Star Wars stuff was Star Wars stuff and was good. I didn't really think anything to Leia's "Mary Poppins" just that she knew she had to stay alive for La Resistance.to keep going. I liked a lot of the bait and switches they did with the tropes from the old movies. Luke's X-Wing in the sea, The throne room scene, Luke's astral projection thing at the end. The "Nobody's ever really gone" bit had me in tears. Beautiful moment. I think I read somewhere that Leia isn't going to die out of respect to Carrie Fisher, and that they have enough footage to resolve her storyline in episode IX. I thought Ade Edmondson was great, and am now waiting for the inevitable Star Wars/Bottom mashup clips to appear on Youtube. The conflict between Hux & B/Ren is interesting. Some of the comments I've seen are ridiculously bitter. I loved the Thrawn trilogy and the Hand Of Thrawn Duology. Noticed Pellaeon get namechecked in Rogue One, which was nice. I liked that Rey doesn't appear to be part of "the family" but still has the ability to use the Force so effectively. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Quote
Wideload90 Posted December 18, 2017 Posted December 18, 2017 The franchise has definitely moved on and is in good hands with Disney. It did feel very Marvel in places but I liked how fresh it felt in places. Soundtrack was stunning and it's pulled on the heartstrings. I left loving it, doubted the quality after discussions with friends who claim Disney have killed their childhood and then came back to loving it. Benicio del Toro's character is horseshite and added nothing to the film. Luke was at his best with Yoda and R2, it felt like Mark Hamill in parts. I echo the disdain for floating Leia and I feel like it should have been Holdo going to start a new resistance, especially as it was Leia's ship. I thoroughly enjoyed it but a bit of back story on Snoke would have helped. RIP Admiral Ackbar. 8/10 Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2017 Did Nien Nunb survive? Quote
Merzbow Posted December 18, 2017 Posted December 18, 2017 Oh I can't wait for the RLM review, so many of their fans had been expecting them to be part of this hateful nerd hivemind. Quote
Wideload90 Posted December 18, 2017 Posted December 18, 2017 6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: Did Nien Nunb survive? I would put money on it. Gutted that the gambling codebreaker wasn't Lando. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2017 That would have been some nice fanservice. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 18, 2017 Awards Moderator Posted December 18, 2017 1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said: Did Nien Nunb survive? Yes. You see him on the Falcon at the end. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 18, 2017 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2017 Thank goodness for that. Edgar Wright made a gag on Twitter about directing the Nien Nunb solo movie. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.