Sign in to follow this  
Monkee

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

I didn't see it as him dying in a conventional sense. I saw it as him becoming one with the force. Similar perhaps to Buddhist enlightenment. 

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I didn't see it as him dying in a conventional sense. I saw it as him becoming one with the force. Similar perhaps to Buddhist enlightenment. 

Yep. The effort almost did him in, but right at the end he was sitting cross legged and meditative again - he was at peace rather than dead from exhaustion.

Yeah, Luke let go.

I think the actual worst scene in the film was the video call to Maz.  How the fuck was that camera following her blasting and jumping around and jetpacking?  Madness.

10 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

My leia comment was in respect to her space flight, she must have had super force powers to do that yet when confronted by rocks was screwed.

Either the Poppinsing was going to be elaborated on in IX when she was chatting to Rey over a campfire "Luke taught me how to do a few crazy force tricks..." and she was going to show off more stuff or it was a brainfart.  The thing is, if they'd decided that as a brainfart it didn't work in internal review screenings, it wasn't like they could reshoot it.

That Leia scene is the only quibble I have with the whole film. 

I've seen people complaining that Luke 'goes out like a bitch' and I can only assume that they're absolute fucking idiots to be honest. That Force projection is the single most powerful use of the Force seen in 8 movies and dickheads are complaining that Luke doesn't do anything in the film.

2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Isn’t he considered the most powerful Jedi that ever lived?

Nope. It was always Anakin Skywalker who was considered the most powerful of all time, but Luke inherited almost similar strength and achieved better mastery without ever turning to the dark side.

*pushes up glasses*

My understanding is anakin never reached his potential due to his injuries suffered at the hands of obi. Had he beaten him then he would have gone on to be the most powerful force user that ever lived. As it stands he was beaten by Ben and then Luke later on. 

Thinking of Anakin, his whole story is more ammunition for 'the Jedi Order has to end'. They made such a fuss of prophecy and Chosen Ones and 'balance to the Force' and it ultimately didn't come to pass. Luke mentions there was balance for a while... but then there wasn't. So even Anakin turning back to the Light in the end didn't make much difference long-term. Only by ending the Jedi as we know them and starting the whole thing again from scratch will give it a chance of happening.

A lot of people complained about the First Order bring able to track a ship through lightspeed. Turns out in Rogue One, when Jyn is going through the Imperial weapons development archives she mentions "Hyperspace tracking". So the First Order used the work done by the Empire to develop the technology. Nice touch by the continuity team over at Lucasfilm.

Edited by LaGoosh

3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

I read it as Rian Johnson being a Marxist (and vegan), thus ruining Star Wars.

I for one welcome the Democratic People's Republic of Korriban into the Star Wars Universe.