Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Has NXT UK been pre-empted?

For some reason I’ve decided to watch WCW from 2000 on the network. Made it to the end of July and this week’s Nitro has the US Title tournament. They’re  26 days away from the next PPV (New Blood Riding, and any normal promotion would hold the tournament over the coming weeks and have the final at the PPV, right? Not WCW in 2000 though. Nah just do the whole thing in one night. What it does meanthough is that there’s a match between Mike Awesome and Great Muta that I had no idea existed. I mean, it’s not good in the slightest, but those two against eachother certainly has an intrigue factor.

Then on the episode of Thunder that follows, theres a Muta match against Tank Abbott that’s as good as you can imagine. Muta couldn’t give a single fuck.

Youvecalso got Kanyon hitting the Diamond Cutter on every man and his dog, Shane ‘nearly 15 years in the business’ Douglas as part of the New Blood, and who needs Rock and Austin when you can have ‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Tom Lawlor has been great in MLW since turning heel on the Von Erichs. Bored me to tears beforehand but his recent schtick has been very entertaining.

The tacky cowboy hat with flashing lights round the brim is a particularly nice touch.

If WWE could just get to WrestleMania and close out all “storylines”, now would be the perfect time to have an off-season for the first time ever, and get some knowledgeable wrasslin’ boffins to sit down and write out a years’ worth of television before they go back on TV. That’d be nice, right? 😕

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

If WWE could just get to WrestleMania and close out all “storylines”, now would be the perfect time to have an off-season for the first time ever, and get some knowledgeable wrasslin’ boffins to sit down and write out a years’ worth of television before they go back on TV. That’d be nice, right? 😕

Only if you think that the reason their long term storytelling is bad because they don't have time to plan, rather than because Vince completely changes his plans based on wind speed, the position of the moon and whether he's sneezed today or not. If they did a year long plan it would be in the bin by week 3. 

8 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

get some knowledgeable wrasslin’ boffins

Who are these people? The only person that’s ever written/booked wrestling successfully and sustainably is Vince McMahon - there’s nobody else in wrestling with a track record that even remotely stands up to his. So he’d just overrule any plans anyway when a new idea came to him. And if he did somehow stick to a plan, people would kick off about plans being stuck to.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Cornette and Russo dream team. The time has come.

I have seriously had enough of that particular drama. It jumped the shark when they both took credit for Montreal.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I was thinking of like Carbomb and stuff.

King Pitcos In A Sting Mask vs. Loki As Feste The Jester battle rap opener

• Paid Members

Just having a quick look on YouTube and was alarmed to see this randomly pop up in my recommendeds. It’s Steve Austin and X-Pac talking about that time X-Pac ripped his own arsehole to shreds on a missed Bronco Buster. Anyway, Austin had me proper belly laughing a couple of times here so I thought I’d share it. 

”Talk about your Psalms, talk about your John 3:16. Austin 3:16 says...STOOL SOFTENER LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!”

With these empty arena shows going on, is it possible to somehow have fans watch on their computers with their mics all synced up and played into the arena through the speakers? Is the technology there for that? Like a huge audio chat room which would stop the shows feeling as dead.