Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

32 minutes ago, Loki said:

I would imagine it’s to do with hugely popular  Packers quarterback Brett Favre whose career overlapped Hart’s.

Of course. I feel a right twonk now!

19 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It happened with Rick Flair as well. Just people becoming set in their ways after encountering the other spelling first, and lacking the intellectual capacity to entertain multiple versions of the same name.

Seen it less with Sean Michaels though.

Yes, I knew there was another one. Couldn't think of it though. 

To the other answers, fair enough I suppose. 

• Paid Members

Is there a standard rule in wrestling or WWE with regard to what breaks a count out?

Was just watching an episode of 205 Live from a couple of months ago (quarantine catch up) and in two successive matches different rules were applied.

In the first match, the two wrestlers were outside and the ref started the ten count.  At the 8 count, wrestler A got back into the ring (and stayed there), wrestler B remained outside.  The ref then reset the ten count for wrestler B on the outside.

Same thing happened in the very next match, except this time when wrestler A made it back into the ring on the 8 count, the ref carried on at 9 for wrestler B and counted him out.

I would always say the latter scenario is correct, and that wrestler A would have to go back outside to restart wrestler B's count.  But I've seen WWE apply the former scenario on several situations.

• Paid Members

WWE refs are always taught that a count-out stands for both men - so if it's broken by one, you should continue the count on the other. In practice, I see it the other way around far more often.

• Paid Members

In kayfabe, I reckon it depends if there's been an offensive move on the outside. Like if the heel twats the babyface with a chair on 8 and gets back in, that inteferes with the babyface's ring-out time so it restarts it when the heel comes back in. 

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

WWE refs are always taught that a count-out stands for both men - so if it's broken by one, you should continue the count on the other. In practice, I see it the other way around far more often.

Once, they seemed to change the rules entirely and just have separate counts for the two wrestlers. I forget the match now, but I am fairly confident it was Evan Bourne winning vs someone higher up the card than him. It really annoyed me at the time, like when the ref threatens a DQ in submission-only matches.

• Paid Members

Does WWF/WWE booking get any more inconsistent than the 1993 KOTR qualifiers where they had Mr Perfect and Doink draw twice before a third match sorted it out, while Crush and HBK drew and were both eliminated to conveniently set up the IC title match?

20 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Does WWF/WWE booking get any more inconsistent than the 1993 KOTR qualifiers where they had Mr Perfect and Doink draw twice before a third match sorted it out, while Crush and HBK drew and were both eliminated to conveniently set up the IC title match?

King of the Ring was a shit idea anyway. Doing a tournament just because it's the name of the PPV, rather than it building organically from eight wrestlers being interested in the monarchy.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

King of the Ring was a shit idea anyway. Doing a tournament just because it's the name of the PPV, rather than it building organically from eight wrestlers being interested in the monarchy.

Don't be daft, they'd already had 30 people wrestling for her majesty's approval every January.

with everyone on JR generally, but i'm watching a RAW with a TIT match on, and JR introduces the prizes that's supposed to be along the lines of

"the glamorous managerial stylings of terri runnels"

type thing, but he lets it out in a way that has the purest essence 'they get this auld boiler and a hundred ton nicker'