Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Kinda felt wrong to post this in the 'Minor News That Doesn't Deserve A Thread' thread (because I'm posting a thread) and it felt arrogant to post this in 'Top Twitter', but if anyone fancies a jog down memory lane to the far-away time that was January 2020, I've posted the giant January 2020 Wrestle Wipe thread on Twitter;

There's also a bumper illustrated version that has all kinds of photos, videos, screenshots and Tweets for an extra dollop of context.

I hope you are all keeping well! 

Once they get Mania out the way the WWE should think doing Southpaw. Start Raw with 'vintage' WWE footage and then do a crap transition like someone has taped over it with Southpaw footage. Most of it can be skits, they could do the odd 'cinematic' match, it fits with the gimmick that Southpaw would have a show without fans, you freshen people up and you could never do a Southpaw showing in front of a live audience because they wouldn't react the way you want them to. 

I know it's been discussed before, but with my use of social media increasing dramatically during this coronavirus lockdown, I've been noticing more and more how irritating wrestlers are online (mainly Twitter). Inside 'jokes', digs at other wrestlers/promotions, and the biggest crime of all, the use of their real name (but sticking with their wrestler name for the @). Am I overreacting? Do I need to get a life? Please, people, share your thoughts

1 hour ago, Syl said:

I know it's been discussed before, but with my use of social media increasing dramatically during this coronavirus lockdown, I've been noticing more and more how irritating wrestlers are online (mainly Twitter). Inside 'jokes', digs at other wrestlers/promotions, and the biggest crime of all, the use of their real name (but sticking with their wrestler name for the @). Am I overreacting? Do I need to get a life? Please, people, share your thoughts

I would lump in 99% of British wrestling fans as well. Insufferable most of them. 

I don't even follow any of them but they all end up on the timeline. Twitter is absolute shit anyway tbh.

• Paid Members

You know, Mike Rontuna's wife got pregnant when Captain Mike had to go home due to Barry Windham leaving the WWF. If Barry hadnt have decided to jack it in, they'd have been on the road for all but a few days in 1986. So Rontuna would have had the Real American theme, but wouldnt have been there to get his wife up the duff.

No Bray Wyatt, no Real American Hulk Hogan. IRS' pills were responsible for so much.

I remembered the other day the Nikki Bella/John Cena 'Mania Moment' when he proposed. 

I know they've split up now but even to this day I'm not even sure if they were a real couple (or just for the reality tv thing), if they will remove any mentions of this now they've split up or If they were a real couple if they would have gone down this route within WWE storylines. 

I don't even know what the idea was with this. 

On 4/9/2020 at 3:27 AM, Briefcase said:

I remembered the other day the Nikki Bella/John Cena 'Mania Moment' when he proposed. 

I know they've split up now but even to this day I'm not even sure if they were a real couple (or just for the reality tv thing), if they will remove any mentions of this now they've split up or If they were a real couple if they would have gone down this route within WWE storylines. 

I don't even know what the idea was with this. 

I think it was essentially a Total Divas/ Bellas tie in which would have helped to promote the next series or so with the wedding approaching etc. I've not watched it apart from a few clips of the twins splashing about in the pool (clicked on them by random I swear!) so wouldn't be able to say what did occur. 

I wouldn't put it past WWE or Nikki and John for it being a sham relationship although I think it was definitely genuine. As for references now there was one recently in a storyline context. I won't say more as i'm not sure if I will be spoiling anything but it was minimal at most. 

• Paid Members

Has there ever been a more cursed belt than the Universal Title? An injury on the very first night, shit, failed reigns, a cancer diagnosis, a babyface’s career nosediving, a global pandemic forcing them to change course. It’s amazing what terrible history this belt has had!

D29BABCA-702A-4FCC-91A3-6F2F2BD5428A.thumb.jpeg.acfb6305a35142e4bd956256df87c8a5.jpeg

Yeah I said something similar on Facebook, its had a horrible legacy so far, needs something/one like Reigns to hold it for a long time for like a year if possible to give it credibility and make it seem worth winning.

I get reasons why Goldberg and Lesnar being champion at times to give it the rub but I'd say they've done more damage by holding it.

• Paid Members

Even the name is terrible. Who would want to say they were the Universal Champion? Means absolutely fuck all, makes you sound like a pillock. Add that to its terrible design and not a single decent reign...I don't think it has any credibility. 

Yeah, that thought occurred to me when Braun won it as well. Even his winning feels like a somewhat cursed scenario. More than over enough a couple of years back to take the main belt, only to now win one with no momentum behind him, shoved in a match on a weeks notice, with no build or reasoning behind it, in front of absolutely nobody.

And what @LaGoosh said. It has no credibility whatsoever. I've always hated when a title just suddenly comes from nowhere and is meant to be accepted as being on par with, or above other titles...with no real reason or explanation to back up that belief and gets slapped straight on someone in no time, not allowing time to establish that connection. The Universal title very much did that. Wrestling does it all the time, feeling the need to crown a champion often in a promotions very first show in existence.

I'd be quite happy for WWE to Benoit the Universal Title and just quietly drop it and forget it ever existed. Or for Braun to Hall and Nash it, accidentally dropping it in the bin and leaving it there.