Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I was working in the bookies in 2007/2008, it was a slow morning so I put TWC on. Lasted about 25 minutes before my manager noticed, with the usual "what are you watching this shit for?" like he was my dad or something (he was a good bloke all the same). I can't be sure if I'm remembering it right, but whatever we were watching had Al Snow starting his match with a dance competition.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

That's great. Where did you buy an item such as that? If you don't mind me asking was it costly?

It was cheap (relative) based on others I’ve missed out on in the past. Under £40 inc postage. Once in a while they pop up on obvious auction sites. There’s a Mania 24 seat cushion going for about £50 at the moment.

I’m going to make a proper stool/seat for the one pictured at the workshop over the next couple of weeks. Turn it in to a nice piece of furniture again, rather than going in a box in someone’s loft.

I've seen it written recently, but I've never understood how some spell Bret Hart's name as Brett. It's a long time since I've read his book and for the life of me don't know where it is to find it out, so if he was born as Brett then fair enough.

Please don't misinterpret this as being a bit spelling dickish,  it is merely pondering on my part. I've just found it strange when you would have the odd poster at live events spelling it with a double T, when for a decade plus he was high profile enough to have his name plastered around to a fairly high degree.

It happened with Rick Flair as well. Just people becoming set in their ways after encountering the other spelling first, and lacking the intellectual capacity to entertain multiple versions of the same name.

Seen it less with Sean Michaels though.

43 minutes ago, Mikeymike83 said:

I've seen it written recently, but I've never understood how some spell Bret Hart's name as Brett. It's a long time since I've read his book and for the life of me don't know where it is to find it out, so if he was born as Brett then fair enough.

Please don't misinterpret this as being a bit spelling dickish,  it is merely pondering on my part. I've just found it strange when you would have the odd poster at live events spelling it with a double T, when for a decade plus he was high profile enough to have his name plastered around to a fairly high degree.

I’ve been typing it like that recently, but only because I saw someone else do it and assumed that was the way. I’ve never really watched much of his stuff so his name isn’t as ingrained into me as other wrestlers.

In fact I don’t think I’ve ever watched a full match of his. Haven’t see any of the Die Hard, Sopranos or Lethal Weapon films either. 

People round here pronounced Shawn Michaels name as Shahn ala SHAO KAHN and it did my fucking head in. I don't know how but i'm sure it was the W in his name.

EDIT - just repeating SHAHN to myself and I sound like Vince going SHAHHHN MYGULLS AHAHAHAH so maybe it as the accents

Edited by Cannibal Man

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’ve been typing it like that recently, but only because I saw someone else do it and assumed that was the way. I’ve never really watched much of his stuff so his name isn’t as ingrained into me as other wrestlers.

In fact I don’t think I’ve ever watched a full match of his. Haven’t see any of the Die Hard, Sopranos or Lethal Weapon films either. 

This post went in a very unexpected direction.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I love the first Lethal Weapon, it doesn't get enough praise these days IMO.

The only Brett's I've ever known in real life have always spelled it with two t's, so that's probably why I cock it up all the time when talking about Hart.

Surely you meant Brett Heart…?

19 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

I would imagine it’s to do with hugely popular  Packers quarterback Brett Favre whose career overlapped Hart’s.