Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

There’s 3 different shades of the pink heart on the chest. All of the mailaway Brets have the same shade of the heart. Although some of the standard line had that shade also. Other than that, exactly the same, and would never buy it unless fully sealed in the mailaway plastic bag. No way of guaranteeing it’s a mailaway if loose out of bag. Same with undertaker. He has a cloak and has a particular shade of hair, much like the series 8 figure. 
So would only buy him if still in the bag. The only real different mailaway is Hogan in his red vest and tights. 

• Awards Moderator

An odd gym story from Reddit...

Who is the British talent he's referring to? The poster says Western Canada so likely someone going through Stampede, but who matches that description?

I've started watching wrestling again for the first time in years. Started catching up with Raw, AEW and NXT. Gotta say I've fallen for it with the same level of enjoyment that I had a decade or so ago.

I don't know if it's due to not watching in years; whether I'm feeling in a better place personally; whether the product as a whole is just that much better, or a combination, but I never thought I'd be watching again and enjoying it so much.

Maybe it was more burn out than anything before. It was around Lucha Underground S2 that I think I last watched regularly. The last full show I watched would've been Wrestlemania 30, which I found to be a fitting end to my time watching as fan. But we all know retirements in this game don't last.

The quality of wrestling has been great for years, no doubt. But whenever I'd dipped my toes back in, that was all there was. Seemingly endless great matches with no substance. I used to say it was like watching Real Madrid vs Barca, but them playing each other in friendlies every weekend.

The production values are as good, if not better than ever. There seems to be excitement in the arenas again. The wrestlers themselves seem to have a passion that had been removed for years before. Chris Jericho is great, and I've never been a fan.

Storylines have more, erm, stories to them, and the characters playing them have more depth than the 2D personas that used to take up 90% of an episode. 

More than anything I've come in here to suggest that if you were the same and haven't watched in years, now might be a good time to give it another chance. The one hour Raw and SD on C5 is also what's long being needed. For the first time in forever, I'm looking forward to a Wrestlemania and the summer ahead.

Edited by Undefeated Steak
Edit

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

An odd gym story from Reddit...

Who is the British talent he's referring to? The poster says Western Canada so likely someone going through Stampede, but who matches that description?

Didn't Adrian Street work Stampede a bit in the late 70's early 80's? Maybe he used a "working man" gimmick over there at one point?

• Paid Members

Eddie 'Kung Fu' Hammill and Chic Cullen both did Stampede in that era, though neither has what you'd call a posh British accent. Dynamite Kid also unlikely.

Possibly JR Foley or "Athol Foley" (aka Bernie Wright), though the former certainly wasn't reported to be well spoken and dressed outside the ring.

• Paid Members

I'm watching Wrestlemania 26 or reasons I can't quite explain. While some guys look similar (and there are quite a few who are on either the WWE or AEW roster today who were on this show), Drew McIntyre was a surprise, he looks like a completely different person. Half the size and a fraction of the charisma, he has come a hell of a long way in a decade.  

3 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

There was an Elimination Chamber match around that time (I think) that Drew looked like an absolute monster, but I don't think they did anything with him after it.

WWE not following up on someone's momentum . . . I don't believe you.