41 minutes ago, dopper said:

- The “Don’t Piss Me Off” era

- Dominated the tag division for a year with Owen

- Member of the Four Horsemen

- Multiple time WCW World Champion

- Founded TNA and main evented there for a decade

- Worked New Japan and joined Bullet Club

- Won a Title in Mexico on TripleMania

I wonder how Jeff Jarrett feels about only being able to get on WWE TV (based on 2018 Hall of Fame & 2019 Royal Rumble) if he plays the comedy cowboy character he did from 1994 to 1996.

You forgot his storied career in MMA, which was the best Jarrett of all time.

37 minutes ago, dopper said:

- The “Don’t Piss Me Off” era

- Dominated the tag division for a year with Owen

- Member of the Four Horsemen

- Multiple time WCW World Champion

- Founded TNA and main evented there for a decade

- Worked New Japan and joined Bullet Club

- Won a Title in Mexico on TripleMania

I wonder how Jeff Jarrett feels about only being able to get on WWE TV (based on 2018 Hall of Fame & 2019 Royal Rumble) if he plays the comedy cowboy character he did from 1994 to 1996.

Everything besides the top item on that list is pretty meaningless as far as him appearing on Raw goes. The second item isn't true (they were only a tag team for about four or five months), and everything else is from dying WCW, shitty TNA or foreign promotions. Either way, his value as a character on WWE TV sort of begins and ends with "messing about with Elias on a retro show."

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You forgot his storied career in MMA, which was the best Jarrett of all time.

The Double J Double M A challenge. 

6 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Everything besides the top item on that list is pretty meaningless as far as him appearing on Raw goes. The second item isn't true (they were only a tag team for about four or five months), and everything else is from dying WCW, shitty TNA or foreign promotions. Either way, his value as a character on WWE TV sort of begins and ends with "messing about with Elias on a retro show."

I’m not saying Vince is wrong to only acknowledge that one short-lived gimmick, but the list I made was of achievements Jarrett could and should be proud of over a 30 year career and it must bug him that he’s only remembered by many people for a comedy gimmick that lasted for 2 of those years.

Just now, dopper said:

I’m not saying Vince is wrong to only acknowledge that one short-lived gimmick, but the list I made was of achievements Jarrett could and should be proud of over a 30 year career and it must bug him that he’s only remembered by many people for a comedy gimmick that lasted for 2 of those years.

I dunno, a lot of wrestlers end up with a fairly short-lived period of their career lasting the test of time as their nostalgia character - and the more cartoonish, the easier it is to slot into a 30-second skit. IRS was only a couple of years of Mike Rotunda's career, and it's very rare that we'd see him pop up on Old School Raw as something else. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Can't really see how Jarrett coming out in a 'Don't Piss Me Off' t-shirt will go down in the PG Era.

Would have to go with "Don't Tick Me Off" like they did on his Jakks figure.

3 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

But to be fair Mike Rotunda didn’t go on to become a multiple time world champion after being IRS.

Booker T already does the five-time WCW champion gimmick. Double J nicking that (or pretending the TNA belt counts for anything) wouldn’t do anyone any favours.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, dopper said:

it must bug him that he’s only remembered by many people for a comedy gimmick that lasted for 2 of those years.

This is Jarrett we're talking about, I can't imagine he's remotely bothered as long as he's getting money and an ego stroke, and this is how he's getting both of those in 2020.